Connecting Studio Monitors to Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface

bassgirl4

So i have just bought the Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface and have worked out how to record using it, but now i'm stuck on how i connect my Tannoy Reveal 501a studio monitor to the audio interface. i currently have 2 XLR to 1/4" jack cable and also have a Behringer Xenyx 502 if that info's any help. So if anyone's got any ideas on how to connect them, i would be very greatful.

1 - Buy 2 cables that (a) have an RCA at one end, (b) have a 1/4" TS at the other end and (c) that are a bit longer than the distance from your computer to your furthest monitor.

2 - Connect the RCA end of one cable to the jack on the interface marked "Output" "L."

3 - Connect the other end of that cable to the 1/4" jack (marked "Unbalanced") on the back of one of the monitors (preferably the one on the left as you're facing it)

4 - Connect the RCA end of the remaining cable to the jack on the interface marked "Output" "R."

5 - Connect the other end of that cable to the 1/4" jacke on the back of whichever monitor does not yet have a cable plugged into it.

RCA to 1/4" cables are needed. I assume your cables are 1/4" to XLR male, so you may be able to just buy RCA to 1/4" female adapters.

Back