Clicks and pops in monitors (n-Ear 05)

mad_dk

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a pair of N-EAR 05 monitors. They were ok for a couple of days (maybe a week) then cracks, clicks and general noise started appearing in one of the N-Ears.
It can't be anything else apart from the speaker being faulty as the problem appears once the speaker is turned on even if it is not connected to anything. Tried using the power cable of the other monitor and changed the instrument jack as well. The problem persists.
The monitors go straight to the L R stereo outputs of a Lexicon Alpha soundcard with instrument cables. The soundcard is connected to a laptop via USB.

The seller refuses to take the item back and insists that I did something that blew up the speaker. Can anyone suggest an alternative?
Would it be worth it to open the monitors to have a look if any of the connections inside are loose?

Sounds like a problem with the internal amp. Something to be said when buying used for ebay buyer protection.

I was a big fan of Craigslist, but you get burnt and the thrill is over.
Used GC has return policy. Even Pawn Shops usually offer 30day.
Ebay=hassle for refund, Craigslist= no refund

I quiet Ebay because its a buyers market, usually they work with the buyers favor....but its still a hassle. If you add in your hours of hassle, the savings goes negative fast.

Back