Cakewalk/Peavy Studio Mix

Blue Budda

Help!!!...anyone got any info on this new product???....does it include cakewalk pro audio software?? (cant find out from peavy and cakewalk website)..is it worth the $900, or can anyone reccomend a better system for recording and mixing.....thanx

Just in case you're wondering the Studio Mix got mixed reviews in HomeRecording. The reviewer seemed to think it was too expensive for what you got.

[This message has been edited by jackdaw (edited 06-24-1999).]

[This message has been edited by jackdaw (edited 06-24-1999).]

Thanx for your reply, having any suggestions for other possiable soulutions to the software, mixing dilema, i am just starting out and am trying to find out what to buy to build a pc based, digital home studio (see my bulletin in "newbies"....thanx agian, any input would be greatly appreciated!!!.blue budda

Be patient, doods...I have to do some heavy graphics stuff tonight for the Mixmasters compilation CD, but ASAP I'm going to write a page on "what to buy to set up a digital recording system on your computer" as well as draw some schematics and diagrams and such. More content, woo!!!

Yo BB,
I'm damn sure no expert on Digital recording but those things look bunk. Somehow I smell a rat... Peavy...Cakewalk...CONSPIRICY!!! I took a close look at one in a cheesy music store and their is nothing on the back panel except a L&R main out. I think it is set up to mix signals down to a stereo track. I may be wrong but I dont think you would be able to record more than one track at a time. Am I wrong? I would take the money and buy a real mixing board and the software.

In reading through your comments here is seems you guys aren't understanding the purpose of the Studio Mix (which by the way, I STILL wouldn't buy). I may be misunderstanding myself, but it is NOT a Mixer in the Mackie mixer sense. And it is NOT a sound card. It is nothing more than a controller for Cakwalk. You slide the volume knob, and the track volume in cakewalk gets louder or softer. You turn the pan, and it changes the panning IN CAKEWALK.

It may have a L/R out so you can send out a "final mix" I don't know, but it's a controller, not a mixer. It's for people who want to use cakewalk with the "Real Feel" of a mixer.

Jeff

Back