Cad 95 condenser mic

manases1

i have been using a Cad 95 condenser mic for my vocals for some reason it does really good with my voice , i went from a $700 and $500 dollar condenser recording mics back to the Cad 95 which it always gives me better results, does anyone know of a recording condenser mic in the (Cads family) that would have the same sound like the Cad 95? im happy with the Cad 95 but i wanted to have a better mic with the same warmth feel but in a higher quality sound.

seeking more vibeness.... im in the same boat often, the higher dollar doesnt always mean better sound, or at least the sound youre looking for.

i have a anniversary SM58 that somehow removes my blurry lower mud and cleans up the mids and maybe its being new has a nice high freq...
i dont think the anniversary is any different other than cosmetics so that isnt into play. Prefer it over the SM7b I have.

when you start realizing all the mic focus is obliterated when a person puts on EQ and Comps and reverbs and by the end of the day theres probably a bunch of mics that can sound the same under those conditions....even a $71 mic.

I have SM7b it has some more low end, per Shures explanation its the body, but then the first thing I often do is HPF and cut off the low end? so the SM58 at 25% the cost is so close in sound, and hangs on my spring arm better, its working better than the SM7B.....once the EQ and comps and reverbs are on, I cant even begin to tell what mic it is...it could be a SM58 clone probably, but I can afford the SM58 OEM at $99.

BeyerDynamic 88 is on some pro albums, the Sennheiser 441, ...paying for build quality and high end parts like Jensen transformers and Neutrik jacks is good.

Have you looked at the CAD E-200...beautiful high quality mic...multi pattern. totally a pro quality build?

Back