Which is a better MiniDisc Recorder?

Shawnr33

Hello, I am interested in buying a digital 4-track machine that uses the sony mini disc.
Because of my budget I have to get one machine used for under 500 dollars. I am looking at the The Sony MDM-X4 MKII,and the
Yamaha MD4. Which is the better buy?? I plan to record using a Shure Sm-57. If anyone has tried either of these I would like to get some reviews and complants(if any) on them. Thank you!!

Shawn

I have the Sony MDM-X4. I love it. I have a friend who had the Yamaha and liked some of the editting features on it better, but I would recomend the Sony. I did a lot of looking into the two, and overall the Sony seems like a better machine. The EQ's are great, and the preamps are surprising good. I have gotten great sounds on it, from acoustic stuff, to Huge guitar tones. Good luck.

Hey that sounds great! The only problem is I am on a low budget so I need to find it used. I have found a Yamaha for $400. Do you know how much a used sony costs? Thanks again!

Shawn

Wow, $400 is a good price. I don't think you can find the Sony used for much less than $500. I'm sure the Yamaha would do well.

Got my Sony MDM X4 Mk II for $500 used, which is the lowest I've seen anywhere. Have not directly compared it to the Yamaha. But after using a cassette based 4-track, the MiniDisc format is heaven. Scrape together the bucks somehow and go minidisc over cassette.

I do, however, miss one feature from my old Tascam cassette unit. I've posted the Q above.

K-wey

Back