Best store

matt_barlow

I was just wandering. From your experiences where is the place where you have had the best prices and customer support for buying musical instruments, recording equipment, etc...

i dont know about best stores but i can tell you ones to stay away from such as samash and mars.... god those places blow.

whats wrong with mars...nothing... i'm usually there every few weekends... i'm not sure how there web site is, but my boy ordered some stuff off the web site and got the stuff real quick.

I think Musician's Friend gets a bad rap sometimes cause there's a lot of reps there that shouldn't have a job.

Bottom line is, they will match any price you find advertised right down to free shipping.

I've hungup on a few jerks and called right back and got someone that liked what they do and come up with some pretty good deals.

Dudes

I guess all these places have "those people" who are more than likely being paid min. and would rather be somewhere else than on the phone with you. It's a bonus when you do get someone who knows some shit, and is truly tring to help. I worked retail for 30 years before retiring, and if any of you here on BBS do this now, or has ever done this, use your experiences and think of what they go thru. The consumer has always been, and will always be, the hardest to please in any aspect of spending their hard earned money.
I have had good dealings with MF, AMS, MusicYo, Music123, Full Compass, 8thStreet, and many "stores" on EBAY. Sometimes it can be frustrating. I just try and treat the salesperson as I want to be treated, and it usually works out.
Then only thing is, I haven't had anything break or go down as of yet, so I can't speak of after the sale dealings. I hope this continues.
dtb

I think it is the knowledgeable mom and pop store that is the best....and the Mars/gtr ctr. etc...are for just going in and buying what you already know you want. ....looking to find a salesman to tell you about Taylor gtrs....I think not...but to pick up a pair of sony mdr7506 headphones and a roland expansion card....there great

I always liked corner music in nashville, gary gand in chicago, used to like Mel Bay in Kirkwood, Mo (back in the 60's!.:D ), and the shitty little store in Paducah...Unga Bunga....what a bunch of self concious butt-holes that work there....they're still into their haircuts...imagine that!!!

Back