Best open Headphones for an home studio

sgarrou

Hi, i'm looking for someone who can help me find the best solution for me. I need a pair of open headphones for music production and a little bit of mixing, just for a rough mix (not real mixing or mastering purpose). i make pop, trap and reggaeton music and i bring my stems to a studio to be mixed so i only need something that can let me hear all the Hz spectrum clear and without any color (like a pair of monitor) and maybe that can also let me hear changes if i put a compressor or an eq in the rough mixing process.
i work with cubase whit a native instruments komplete audio 6.
I don't know if i need also an headphones amp.
My budget is around 600/700 Dollars, but it depends. i just need comfortably for long time use and a clear and faithful response only when adding a little bit of fx.

Thank you in advice for your help, and sorry for my bad english! :)

I didnt go that high but my surfing study of this subject lead me to Beyer D 880...250ohm...

my mistake was saving a few bucks on used, go new....the pads arrived worn and I had to buy brand new pads which made it a loss deal....

who wants someones sweaty used ear phone pads?

Saw that beyer in a shop, I m looking for something better and wondering myself when I will start need an amp.
I focused my attentions on sennheiser hd 650/700 , or Beyer product of the same price (dt 1880 or 1990 can't remember all those umbers). can't understand the differences anyway

Ive used the sennheiser 600’s for years now and have many other headphones brands as well. The 600’s really get the job done IMO.

Back