Best audio/computer interfaces?

Delmont

Hey!

I'm looking at a few brands of mic-to-computer interface devices but don't know anything about quality and reputation of the different companies.

On my list of possible makes so far, just based on surfing the web, are Behringer, Focusrite Scarlett, MOTU, and PreSonus.

If they're all pretty much the same, I'll go with the cheapest. But they're not all the same, right?

So which brands are built well? Which sound good? Which give good support and service? Are there other companies you recommend?

Thanks!

Del

Hey Del. Hows it going?

Mate, it really depends on what do you want to do. Those brands are all really good. However, Focusrite is the one that most of people use.

Just make sure that the interface that you are buying has 4 basic things:

- A xlr input for mic
- A P10 input for instruments
- Phantom power option for condenser mics
- A 24 bit system

Be aware that Beringher Uphoria UM2 claims to record in 24 bit, but it actually records in 16 bit.

If you are a songwriter who just want to record demos, go with the chepeast one. If you some some quality to pre-productions for your band, try something a little better.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is cheap and is good enough for home recording purposes. It is not pro, but it works quite well.

Best of Luck!

Back