Behringer VX2000 Ultra-Voice Processor - similar gear?

DJGJUK

Hi, I've been recommended - for broadcast purposes - the Behringer VX2000 Ultra-Voice Processor but this appears to have been discontinued.

Can anyone recommend a piece of kit - available in the UK - with the same/similar functionality and costing around £150 / €170 / $190?

Many thanks in advance! :)

I thought that Behringer had a current model channel strip but a quick search didn't turn up anything.

I've got a couple DBX 286 channel strips. They seem to offer most of the same features as the Behringer: preamp, phantom power, low cut, low and hi contour EQ, compressor, deesser, expander/gate. Definitely worth a look as you shop around.

ART has a channel strip as well, in the same price bracket as DBX.

Thanks very much, Tadpui - very helpful. I think I'll go with the dbx as I've used those before but I'll be investigating ART also. Thanks again!

Ive had a few ART and the DBX, for clean straight broadcast I'd go with DBX, with more transparent comp/limit of those two.

Actually the Symetrix 528e used is $1000 unit that sells cheap at times, its very quiet and has one of the best noise gates/expanders Ive heard, again transparent and clean.....no musical harmonics and tube transformer stuff...Symetrix 528e were $80 a year or so ago, now they all seem to be $300 or not available.
(has to be the 528-E or the old ones have the funky wire plugs on the back)

my 2 cents as a hobbyist the ART stuff channel strips were more tone shaping and didn't have the heavy metal industrial build feel, which isn't a problem for me because I don't drag gear around anymore. I currently have a LA610 and wouldn't suggest that for Broadcaster clean either and the compression on it definitely isn't transparent imo.

DBX, Symetrix, Grace, ISA stuff has nice clarity. ..solid state. Id go for the DBX 286 over the 386 too, for the solid state version.

Ive had a few ART and the DBX, for clean straight broadcast I'd go with DBX, with more transparent comp/limit of those two.

Actually the Symetrix 528e used is $1000 unit that sells cheap at times, its very quiet and has one of the best noise gates/expanders Ive heard, again transparent and clean.....no musical harmonics and tube transformer stuff...Symetrix 528e were $80 a year or so ago, now they all seem to be $300 or not available.
(has to be the 528-E or the old ones have the funky wire plugs on the back)

my 2 cents as a hobbyist the ART stuff channel strips were more tone shaping and didn't have the heavy metal industrial build feel, which isn't a problem for me because I don't drag gear around anymore. I currently have a LA610 and wouldn't suggest that for Broadcaster clean either and the compression on it definitely isn't transparent imo.

DBX, Symetrix, Grace, ISA stuff has nice clarity. ..solid state. Id go for the DBX 286 over the 386 too, for the solid state version.

Thanks very much for a comprehensive and helpful response, CoolCat. I've gone with the dbx and it really is great. I'm also trying out a Behringer SX3040 Sonic Exciter (with the dbx) and I'm still trying to decide whether I need/like it or not! Many thanks again. :)

Back