Beatmaking Software

UNGER

Hey all I just got a 50$ coupon in the mail to Sam Ash for this weekend only with a purchase of 199$ or more...and I am going to buy a beatmaking software. I'm running ProTools on a Mac Powerbook G4 so I'd like it to be compatible (or exportable) with that. I'd like a very good/good drum sequencer because I have actually never used one (and gotten by with it up to this point surprisingly). I wouldn't mind a good library(s) of sounds to choose from and manipulate. And pretty much an easy-to-use, easy-to-learn software that I can make some great music with...price range anywhere up to 400/500$...thanks!

I have a great idea for what you can do with your Sam Ash bonus coupon -- see if they have any copies of Reason 2.5 left! If they do, it should be well within your price range and it's UNMATCHED in the world of 'beatmaking software'.

The Redrum drum computer is what I use to make all (or most) of my beats, and you can load custom samples and save your own kits. It comes with a dizzying variety of slamming fully tune-able drum sounds, and is .wav compatable both for individual drum sounds and rendered complete loops. And if you've got an up-to-date version of (ick) 'protools', you can take advantage of the ReWire protocol and run them both on the same computer in sample-accurate sync.

If you want to go all out, get Reason 3.0.

Well could I just use Reason Adapted for ProTools and spend the coupon on another part of my production??

Back