Audio issue - Sizzling from speakers

gorguts6

Hello,

I just bought last month brand new audioengine HD6, and I love them! I just discovered few days ago a very undesirable sound, very noticeable and annoying while listening at middle to high volume. At first I tought it was only the active speaker but then realised that it was also happening but to less extend on the passive one.

It is not really a hiss or a hum, it's more like an annoying sizzling in the high end frequencies I would say. I even thought at some point it was maybe the magnetic grills vibrating as it really felt like a similar sound as if it was.

Laptop is plugged via USB into the Yamaha MG Mixer and the mixer output is XLR cable to RCA cable into the audioengine active speaker.

Speakers don't use the same power socket than the computer and are on stands, left and right from my desk.

It is very much apparent, when I put the volume at max on the mixer and reduce the volume at the min on the audioengine speaker.

I tried other channels of the mixer, the problem is on whatever channel i use.

I tried to connect the yamaha mixer to the speaker with another cable (stereo jack 1/4 to RCA), problem is still there.

The problem doesn't occur when I bypass the yamaha mixer, for example when I play from my smartphone directly to the speakers via chromecast, the noise is not here, so there is something wrong with the mixer i guess (bougth brand new 2 month ago!)

Any idea?

It could be what your mixer power is plugged into. Do you hear the sound in your headphones out from the mixer? What else is plugged into your mixer? When you plug the laptop directly into the speakers do you hear the noise? Why do you have the mixer between the laptop and the speakers? Just wondering. There are LOTS of possible causes.

Back