Alesis MEQ-230 --any good?

jethani

Hi Gang.

While looking for a nice graphic eq, I came across a guy on the web selling one of these for about $120.

It's a dual 30-band unit, which means I can devote 60 faders to a single track, or give 30 each to two different signals. Each fader controls 1/3 octave. It looks like it's in pretty good shape. I've played around with one at the local Guitar Center, and my only complaint was that the sliders are hard to grab, and very difficult to move around.

Anybody care to share some comments-- either positive or negative --on this unit? The auction closes tomorrow, so I'd appreciate your *timely* response!

Cheers!
jethani

[This message has been edited by jethani (edited 07-05-1999).]

Yeah dude, I've been using one for a few years now with no complaints. The faders are hard to adjust with any precision but after awhile you kind of get the hang of it. You're mistaken about one thing, though...You cant apply all 60 bands of eq to one channel, unless you mean seperately eq'ing two sides of a stereo channel. Its more or less two seperate eq's in one box. I use it to apply different eq settings to my guitar rig. One channel for the clean sound...one channel for the distorted sound. To do this you have to have seperate effects loops for the clean and distorted channels. Theres no way to bridge the two eq's together to get a 60 band eq, although that would be sweet.

Thanks for the feedback!

The auction closed today (eBay), and I will get the unit in a few days. I didn't know that about the 30 + 30 faders... bummer indeed. Still, it's not every eq that has 30 faders per channel.

Thanks for your comments.

Back