adat sync cables

Wireneck

I know this could go in the alesis forum but i don't think i will get replys fast enough in there. Im trying to buy a sync cable for 2 alesis adats.
I found one at www.macmidimusic.com but they have a minimum order of 30 bucks and the sync cable is only 8 dollars.
I would like to buy a sync cable from www.musiciansfriend.com because im already placing an order from there today for some rca snakes. Problem is , i can't find a sync cable on their site for krap. Does anyone know if they sell these?

thanks

You need SHIELDED and GROUNDED 9-pin sync cable......... it will not work otherwise and that $8.00 price tag doesn't sound like it's the right cable........

bear im assuming that you wouldn't use HOSA because your alot higher up in the recording chain than i am. Is there some reason that i should be looking out for this company though?

You can use an off the shelf Belkin computor cable. I used a set for an extension for tha adat sync for a while. Unfortunately, I don't know a part number (it's not on the cable), but your looking for a good quality cable with the same 9-pin pinout and maybe a gender changer plug.
Wayne

Back