Acoustic B100C Bass Combo

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I was checking out the Acoustic B100C 1 x 12 bass combo - YouTube demos. I watched several demos with different basses and this combo really likes Fender P & J basses - other makes not so much. I really like the sound with the Fenders.. much better than sounds I was hearing in my earlier thread on mini bass heads.

It's a small cabinet with Pre/Post DI Out; DI Out Volume; Footswitch; Send/Return. Also, the side is wedged so you can lay it over as a monitor. The Overdrive I'm not too crazy about as I prefer clean. The EQ & Tone shaping offers a wide range. Ability to Mic & DI simultaneously offers nice possibilities, especially for recording. And the price is nice - under $300.

And my local GC's website says they've actually got one in stock.. HA! Well.. I'll believe that when they drag it up front - or maybe it's already on the floor. It's only a dream though as my budget won't be there for several months.

If you've played through one of these let me know what you think.

Acoustic B100C Classic Bass Combo Amp 100W | Acoustic Amplification

under $300 and you get the Pre and Post DI included...37lb...is it class D amp?

bass player I know just got a Fender and its the class D amps, sounds great and is super light, way more than enough for live drums too.

amazing how light it is and loud.

I believe this 100W model is probably not class D. It's bigger siblings ARE class D 300W & 600W. I can't find any info on the Acoustic amps' class ratings other than the ones mentioned above. This 100W model's reviews are pretty good except for getting low points for not being quite loud enough on it's own for live drums, but that may be a close call depending on the venue.

D amps are so light, and they sound pretty damn good...in big gigs its going to be DI'd to the board and subwoofer systems anyway.
For jamming and small gigs its so damn lightweight...at 3am and 15 beers ...D amps win!

I love bass sounds...they seem easier to get a great sound and personally I dont even need EQ and stuff, some compression might help my playing but many do that ITB. I might be doing a small comparison of the BASS I have now but its so close between this gear and that gear, what does it mean to do comparisons other than show...its miniscule ...or it can sound awesome really with a $50 DI etc....or the interface di.

micing live and all that is another world, I just do DI and AmpSims.....actually Im liking my cheap Alctron-GreatRiver copys of 73 pre that includes a DI...the bass sounds as good and I dont need 5 qty DI's.... its fun shopping gear and being a closet review gearhead, but Bass isnt the hardest one to get a great tone. Do you need a $1000 DI box? hell no..

Back