About monitors I am interested in

Dark Light923

Hi everyone. So there are these studio monitor speakers I am interested in. they are: Adam a5x.
I want to buy two of them, for my music production that I hope to begin soon. My question is, are they worth it? I am a beginner at music production. I want to record and produce my own music and songs I've written.
I heard about adding a sub? What does that mean? I was told some kind of music may require it and if you want them as main monitors, it is recommended to buy sub7 subwoofer. What does that mean? What is the meaning of 'if you want them as main monitors?
Please advise. Thank you.

Hi Dark Light.........what do you use now for speakers and or for listening to your playback? What is the size and dimensions of the room you're going to be mixing in when you're using your Adams? The Adams are a decent set of budget or better monitors but even the very best monitors will be almost useless depending on the room / environment you're going to mix in. As for a sub.....a small room may not do well with a sub. Don't get the sub until you know what the room will do to your sound. What kind of music will you be recording? Tell us more about your room.....what you want to produce and what other equipment you will be using.

Hi Mickster. Sorry for the late reply. Ok, I am a beginner when it comes to music production. I want to start producing music, so I can record and produce my music and songs.
My room is just a normal size bedroom. I haven't started out producing yet but I ordered everything I need, including the two Adam a5x speakers. A lot of my music is acoustic, but very melodic, most of it is just instrumental, with a few songs here and there.
I also intend on later on, producing and creating electronic music, but in the vain of songwriting, much like Adam young, in Owl City - a huge influence, for me.
I have an iMac that I bought for music production, and I will use GarageBand as software for music production, that came along with the iMac. I play the guitar and piano and have written music on both instruments.
The things I have ordered for my music production are:
Roland Rubix 44 (audio interface) .. Adam Studio Monitor A5X x2 (speakers) .. Roland RH 300 (headphones) .. BOSS KATANA -100/212 MK11 (amplifier for my guitar) and I have a Roland stage piano - don't remember the model right now but it is like a piano and a synthesiser too at the same time.
I am buying that amplifier because my old Marshall amplifier has problems. I also have a Gibson 2012 standard guitar.
I really don't know much about the size and dimensions of a room for the purpose of music production at all. It's just a normal size bedroom where I will produce my music. Please advise!!!! Thank you.

Back