8 channel adat pre for me.

well see,,,i am,but,,

i got the feeling i've asked to many questions already, lol,,,

my next question would have been

"does anybody actually use 96k :P"

admittedly i accidentally set up some sessions as 48k,and didn't notice,,

i couldn't help but wonder though,,,would i have noticed in later stages?

i don't know why,,,but from day one, i've used 24bit 96k,(except when i recorded with a sb awe32 and an amd 700 cpu :P:P)

well see,,,i am,but,,

i got the feeling i've asked to many questions already, lol,,,

my next question would have been

"does anybody actually use 96k :P"

admittedly i accidentally set up some sessions as 48k,and didn't notice,,

i couldn't help but wonder though,,,would i have noticed in later stages?

i don't know why,,,but from day one, i've used 24bit 96k,(except when i recorded with a sb awe32 and an amd 700 cpu :P:P)

When I first got into this stuff about six years ago I bought an M-Audio Delta 44 and used 96kHz. After I filled up my meagre hard drive and had to change to 48kHz, I realised I couldn't hear the difference (if there is one to hear, which the years on here have shown is debatable).

Seems like a a waste of time to me for the extra strain in processing and more than doubling of drive usage. There is also a theory that in cheaper units the jitter might affect higher sample rates more.

The professionals I have come into contact with on forums and elsewhere mostly do not use anything about 48kHz in my experience ... but others may feel differently.

8-channel ADAT at 48kHz ........... I'd be almost certain that the noise floor of your preamp would be a way bigger factor at this price point.

Back