1/4" TRS stereo splitter?

ollix

I need an adapter that will split a 1/4" TRS stereo plug into two mono 1/4" sockets, one for each stereo channel. I thought this would be easy to find, but can't seem to find one. :confused:

I need to attach the (single) 1/4" headphone jack on an instrument to stereo inputs on a recording interface so I can record it in stereo.

Does anyone know where I can get something like this? I would rather get an adapter so I can use the cables I already have as opposed to getting a new cable that goes directly from 1/4" TRS to dual 1/4" TS.

EDIT: Never mind, after trying a million different search phrases on Google I finally I found one that worked and lead to Hosa YP117 1/4" TRS to dual TS female cable (aka "stereo breakout"), hopefully this message will help other people searching for a "trs stereo splitter" :cool:

Last edited:
I, too, have found a lot of stuff like that at Radio Shack, although I would recommend finding what you want on their web site before going to the store. I've found that a lot of the people now working at the 'Shack really don't know much about anything other than cell phones.

Something I've found useful for my "does it exist" questions is here: http://www.hosatech.com/media/document/Hosa_US_RetailCatalog_Jan10.pdf

I download a copy and keep it handy...in the US Welcome to Sweetwater.com | Call Us @ 800 222 4700 carries much of their stuff...

Back