Yamaha or Pearl

From what I hear Birch is the best for recording.I know this doesn't answer the question but I play an old Pearl export, so I'm bias.Yamaha makes good drums and I've read a lot of hype on the stage custom series.Hope this helps :)

Yamaha and Pearl both make great drumkits, I haven't heard any of the new Yamaha's yet so can't comment, but the Exports (Poplar shells) can sound great with the right head/tuning. I'd also check out the Tama Superstar - it is a birch shell with a ply of basswood on the inside and outside. They sound great IMO.

YEAH, BASSWOOD....WHAT THE HELL IS THAT :p
Actually thats what my export is.I think it's an 1988 model.
I was told it isn't bad for recording.I have had compliment's on my sound but it must be the gear :D
Whatever your price range is make sure you exhaust all options.
Play each kit if you can and get what sounds best for you because thats what your going to record! Good Luck!

stafs said:
Witch drumset You guys would reccomend for studio.(poor studio, of course :)) - Yamaha stage Custom Advantage or Pearl Export. I know, these are far from best, but i'm just a poor man. :)

Thank's in advance!

I got a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage. i love the sound of the 10 12 and inch toms and the 14 inch floor tom. kick bass drums a bit deeper than most. i got evan hydraulic heads on it right now for live shows and i bet it'd sound way better with remo pinstripes or something.

Boom theory rocks

You could always use a boom theory kit! I tried to load my own kit on but the file was too big. Check out the site though. boomtheory.com. I do alot of studio and live work so these hand built drums with internal triggers are the nuts. I couldn't use anything else.

Back