What software can do this best?

schismatic

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some software that will be able to generate random drum patterns (or rolls etc) for a song I'm doing, but based on an original midi file that I've programmed e.g. I program in a 4 bar pattern in 4/4 time and save it as a midi file. I'd like some sort of program that would be able to analyse the file i've created and offer me some alternative patterns that are different but are in fitting with the time and style of the original that I could then just save individually and drop into the song how and where I feel appropriate. This is just to save me having to think of lots of different patterns, then program them all individually and also maybe suggest things that I wouldn't have thought of. Anything out there that can do this effectively?? I would ideally want to be able to save a collection of different 4 bar midi rhythms, or even just single bars, just so that I have a sort of database then that I can choose from based on the original style that I created.

Cheers,

Tom

I've never seen a program that can do it - but I'm not a great user of MIDI so there may be one out there...
I'd say you'd be better off doing it yourself anyway.

Back