WANTED (JAM INSIDE): drummer for 'online band'!

Beautiful_Sin

hallo my lovely thumpers

i come in search of a fine drummer to help me out with this new music project of mine, 'Separations'. just a few chaps from around the world getting together making good music and having a few laughs. thats all. the 2 core members being me , from the uk (guitar, voice, synth) and a guitarist/songwriter in korea.
soundwaves travelling to the other side of the world. i think its neat anyways.

enough hippy crap, here's our lastest jam:
- Full version
- Without beat, metronome (set at 140bpm)
- No beat, no metronome

as you can hear, its got a programmed beat. i just thought it would be swell to have a live drummer on there too, and work out a way to mash it all together. i think that way it'll have a real rich and texured feel to it.

if you dig the sound, and want to have a crack at a drum track - be my guest! post up your results and we'll see what comes of it.

let's be having you!

nice one mike! sounds real clean quality, nice tone to everything.
im not sure about the verse bits - but i liked how you mixed up the second verse with the cymbol stuff. and there's a nice kick into the 2nd chorus, which lifts it up for that extra 'grrrr'. but maybe there's too many hard fills and stuff, as i dont really think this is a hard rocking tune...
but all in all, nicely done.

oh i could do another take....or two. :) that was done quickly after i only listened to about two minutes of the song.

are you looking for someone to continually make music online with or is this kind of like a one song thing? I'd be cool with that as I've done that in the past with other people/friends.

anyways, let me know. i could revise the drums a little bit.

email or pm me.

Wow....the BEST part of that was the drums. Nice back-handed compliments Beautiful Sin. You maybe should have PM'd msmales555 with your "constructive criticsism" instead of posting that in the forum.

I really thought I was going to hear some quality stuff judging by your uber knowledge of song structure, but I was dead wrong.

Drums good

Song "structure" - bad. Mon-o-tone. Sorry.

Yeah, I said it!

sorry, but you're being a bit of a dick here

where's the back handed compliment? oh, you mean the part where i expressed the opinions of myself and my bandmate?
right, sorry about that.
my uber knowledge of song structures?? where did you get that crap from.
im just a guy who posted a song, and spoke his mind on the drum track he got back, so everyone else here can see what im after.

msmales555 thought the feedback was valid, so whats your problem?

I did one. I dont have a place to put the file though. Help me out guys.

lemme know.

sounds purty good I think.

hey man, thanks for the track - sounds good, hope you had fun with it.

though i think we've found the drummer we're looking for (kinetic), and i'll be slicing in some stuff from another drummer i found on another board.

thanks to everyone fro having a crack, is most appreciated!

time to wrap things up...

Back