Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Used Hi-Hats for Poor People

Thanks

Used Hi-Hats for Poor People

Sign in to disable this ad
    Sub 50 if possible. Sub 100 if not

Looking for manufacturer/model recommendations here; not for something to buy right away.

Cheers
    Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital recording is a pretty neat idea.

Thanks

Thanks
    Yes, but which ones are tolerable soundwise?
    Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital recording is a pretty neat idea.

Thanks
    How can anyone tell but you ?

Thanks
    I don't have the time or money to buy a bunch of hi hats just to find out whether they're any good or not. And it's not like I can go to a store and try different cymbals out to find out what they sound like.

Thanks
    Zildian ZBT's are awful.
    Rick Ruskin
    Lion Dog Music - Seattle WA
    http://liondogmusic.com

Thanks
    Sabian B8's are sort of okay if you're not expecting too much. They don't compare favorably to any type of cast cymbals I've tried. "Tolerable" is subjective. B8's and similar offerings from other companies (that I haven't tried) like ZBT's or Meinl HCS are cheap stamped cymbals aimed at beginners on a budget. They work. They don't sound like New Beats or K's or AA's or XSR's.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to snow lizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark7 View Post
    I don't have the time or money to buy a bunch of hi hats just to find out whether they're any good or not. And it's not like I can go to a store and try different cymbals out to find out what they sound like.
    Many apologies for trying to help with only price indicated.
    You are obviously not a drummer or you'd know.
    I hope you find what you're looking for.

Cheers,

Thanks
    Okay, so ZBTs are awful and B8s are tolerable. Beginners cymbals it seems, at least according to the general consensus so far, are meh. New Beats, Ks, AAs and XSRs appear to be the ones to look at. Are these mid range or premium hats though? Also... Who makes them?

I'm looking for a pair I can play along with my drum machine (I already have a hat stand). Because drum machine hats rarely sound good and they're a drag to program.

Thanks
    I don't have the time or money to buy a bunch of hi hats just to find out whether they're any good or not
    Granted, but you're kind of in the same position however you look at it. Say 5 people recommend you hats and you end up taking a punt and you hate it ? Most instruments in music are something of a gamble aren't they ? Someone else's tastes aren't yours.
    And it's not like I can go to a store and try different cymbals out to find out what they sound like
    Is that because you're not near any drum shops ?

Thread Information