travis barker from blink 182

branded

Hey. First of all, im not a fan of blink, although I don't think
there a shitty band either.
anyway....... I hear so many people talking about
"how wicked of a drummer" Travis Barker is,
What do some of you think of his style and how he plays?

He's the only reason to listen to Blink 182. Does some really creative things within the simple punk-pop songs.

I wish I could play like him.

For real. I think he's the only reason behind Blink 182s popularity. Did you really think it was all about the "power chords," lol! Travis is one of my fav cause he's not your everyday drummer. One of my all-time favs is Carter Beauford. Now that guy is just sick!

I seen this show called "duet's" were a fan got to go into the
studio and do a duet with Travis, and he's just amazing!
the stuff that he does on the hi hats is just crazy,
if I could ever play half so good as that id be satisfied.

a lot of "punk rock" bands do crazy shit with one pedal. check out nofx and strung out. i'm pretty sure they use one pedal.

check out strung out - velvet alley...nutty song for the drums...(but then again i dont kno much bout drums)

branded said:
Hey. First of all, im not a fan of blink, although I don't think
there a shitty band either.
anyway....... I hear so many people talking about
"how wicked of a drummer" Travis Barker is,
What do some of you think of his style and how he plays?

i reakon he's over rated

I think he's one of the best at what he does but not a great overall drummer. Peolpe like Vinnie Colaiuta, steva gadd, dave weckl, steve smith, dennis chambers or anybody like that could eat him for lunch as a overall player. But I do give him props for what he does for the punk world. Whats this about punk w/ a crazy single pedal???? I assume you've never heard any real hip hop drummers. I know some guys that you would sware its a double pedal when their rippin their tight doubles and TRIPLES like theirs no 2maro.

dumass said:
a lot of "punk rock" bands do crazy shit with one pedal. check out nofx and strung out. i'm pretty sure they use one pedal.

check out strung out - velvet alley...nutty song for the drums...(but then again i dont kno much bout drums)

Just about any Strung out song has really good drumming. Jordan does use a double kick pedal, but not for regular double hits, just for rolls.

And Travis Barker is a great drummer. Ths verse beat in "Adam's Song" is really cool.

Well, he is alot more recognized by name than the lead singer. There are kids walking around changing the fate of music as we know it, who know Travis, and have no clue who Philly Joe, or Chambers, or Neil are.

fldrummer said:
Peolpe like Vinnie Colaiuta, steva gadd, dave weckl, steve smith, dennis chambers or anybody like that could eat him for lunch as a overall player.

Travis barker could eat those guys when it comes to speed and endurance.

I saw some dbl pedals laying around in that house when they where recording their pre thing before they did their album....

Back