Time sig anyone?

reinmj

Wait.. what?
Alright, it's been a long day and I need to go to bed. But before I do, I decided to be THAT guy and ask the drummers a stupid question.
Can anyone tell me the correct time signature for this drum track? Is it 4/4? :facepalm: I have never had issues with time sig's but i'm fried and think i'm losing it a bit..
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Drums.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
Thanks gecko, seems a slight chance I'm not as crazy as i thought although my wife would happily argue against that..

With these things, instead of counting 1-2-3-4, double the tempo and count 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8, and when you do that, those beats suddenly line up in your head.

I've been doing a piece of classical music, and I had so many bars of 6/8, then a tempo change into a 2/4 bar followed by a 4/4 section, then the three changes repeated. I gave it to my classically trained mate - who smiled and said it's just 4/4, with a pause. He's dead right - but it was just triplets that made 6/8 appear right - when it was wrong.

When in doubt I just go with 1/4. It's easy enough to go "one one one one one one one one" :D

Sounds like it's 4/4 with a triplet pattern on the kick
trip-o-let.. and 4
K K S K S

If you follow the hats, they're mostly 8th notes, with an open on the and of 4 and a 16th note in the 1
1 and-a 2 and 3 and 4 AND

Back