Superior Drummer Q

andrushkiwt

I've recently taken a liking to using the presets for setting up my drum sound. It saves me quite some time from messing with the right combo of ambient mics, compression, reverb, etc. I'll fine tune things once I have the basic sound of the drums set up, which I find by playing the guitar tracks underneath and scrolling the presets until it sounds pretty close.

That said, I can't find the info on if ToonTrack offers additional presets anywhere. I don't see them on the site, though I'm seeing YouTube videos including presets that I don't have access to, though I have the same expansion or version. It's possible it's a custom kit, but the videos are showing them in the ToonTrack preset area. Are there more presets than the few included?

I've downloaded the Product Manager and am updating some sound files and MIDI packs that I guess I never completed, but nothing about presets.

Off topic, kinda - I think I'm going to grab some MIDI packs. Nearly 500 rhythms in each, though they are kinda hefty in price ($30 on manufacturer site. I'll check Sweetwater first). That'll also save some time from manually editing the next closest loop. Tired of using tap-2-find only to have something appear that's way off. I'll add that things like this, though, are almost worth it considering it keeps them in business and allows them to expand and improve their capabilities. Without SD, I don't know what I'd do. Could easily be $10 a pack though - they'd probably sell more that way :)

Superior 3 comes with preset, but also yes you can get (buy) official toontrack additional presets (they only work in superior though, even if the library is an EZX), however they are library specific.

So for example if you don't own The Metal Foundry SDX then the Andy Sneap preset pack would be worthless.

Hope that makes sense. Honestly the stock SD3 library sounds incredible.

Back