Sonor 2003

picostudios

I think Sonor are beautiful drumsets for a great price. I just purchased myself a 2003 baby blue. It sounds great. The heads aren't that great (stock), but I'll just slap on some remos for the toms and an Evans for the kick and snare.

Nice choice on the kit! I'm a Sonor owner now and absolutely love my new kit... I have a Force 3003 (black sparkle). The sound on this kit is amazing... after a good time tuning these bad boys! Here are two pics of my new kit!

Attachments

• 03-10-05_1721.jpg
    03-10-05_1721.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 03-10-05_1724.jpg
    03-10-05_1724.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 45
Enrique said:
Nice choice on the kit! I'm a Sonor owner now and absolutely love my new kit... I have a Force 3003 (black sparkle). The sound on this kit is amazing... after a good time tuning these bad boys! Here are two pics of my new kit!

That is one beautiful kit. I need new heads for my kit bad. What would you recomend. I've been hooked on clear head, remo pinstripes. I was thinking of trying out some coated for the toms. Preferebly remos, any suggestion? Also, I want a nice loud kick drum, any suggestions for kick heads?

firby said:
Evans blue hydraulic heads are the best for a drumset like yours.

DON'T DO IT.

I hate hydraulics. I used to be all about Pinstripes, then I tried Evans G2 clears. Mmmm.

On the kick, either an Aquarian Superkick I or II, or an Evans EMAD. With the EMAD, you really have to careful with that dampening ring. The plastic that holds it on tends to break. So if you're a REALLY hard hitter like I am, you might not want this head. It still sound awesome with the the ring not there, it's just more open. It'll need like a pillowcase or small blanket on it lightly for some slight muffling.

For snare, Remo coated Ambassador or Emperor should be fine. Unless you like to crank it, I'd suggest a Remo Emperor-X or something similar.

Back