Snare Drums

BigKahuna

I'm a newbie drummer. Been recording them for a while ... but never got into the actual instrument that much. I recently upgraded my snare to a Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute. Man ... what an improvement over the steel snare that came with this kit. Like night and day.
What kind of snare drums are you guys using?

I use the 5x13 Pearl Omar Hakim signature snare. It's made out of African Mahogany, sweetest sound ever. Coated ambassador cranked on the top head, ambassador hazy snare side. I slit a small business-card under the snares to prevent the buzz and give me a drier sound. Love the sound I'm getting!

I'm using the steel snare that came with the kit... :)

But I also have a wooden Trak snare, and a Ludwig chrome. Shouldn't say "I", not my drum kit, and I don't drum much, but I do all the maintenance on it! Not complaining, nice to have a permanent kit setup. :) I'd like to get a picollo of some type.

i use a Tama Artwood (maple) 6.5 x 14 and a (same brand/series) 3.5 x 13 piccolo. i love 'em both. i had a steel snare way back when, and i don't think anyone could pay me enough in endorsements to go back ;)

Man Big K, I used a Yamaha Maple Custom (before the absolutes came out) on the whole Heavy Brothers CD. We had about 6 different snares available, even a nice DW, but this snare just had the stuff... :) Nice toppy crack, good resonance if needed, dark wood sound, etc....Character! Yamaha really came into their own with that Maple Custom series and the Absolute (which a drummer I was recently playing with had, killer sounding kit).

Ed

Ludwig 14" Black Beauty w/Remo coated ambs. for batter side original strainer

Premier 5 1/2" x 14" that came with the kit, also the coated ambs. on top active strainer

Old 4" x 14" wood jobber of questionable origin, 14" Remo Fiberskin with an extra large 48 strand strainer (great for brushes)

Our drummer uses an aircraft aluminum kit with a matching piccolo that can "crack" and take your head off! I love that snare drum!!!!

(But then again, I am a singer/songwriter)

It's made by TRICK. I forget their website...

Pete

Back