Roland TD6 worth buying??

I don't agree that the TD6 sounds are better then the TD8. The TD6 does have some good sounds but very little control over those sounds. What you hear is what you get. The TD8 gives more control over the sounds and more send options.

The TD8 holds up very well to the DTExpress (I think the feel of the cymbal pads is better than the DTExpress). Reportedly Yamaha has an upgrade to the DTExpress that improves the feel and performance of the pads (I have no hands on with this upgrade).

Speedamp, based on your various posts it's obvious you are very serious about getting a set of e-drums - and this site is a good place to gather some info. But - I get the impression (based on your posts) that you have not actually played many (any?) of the e-drums on the market.

You really, really, need to get your hands on some of these kits to personally feel and hear them. - I don't know if you have access to a Mars or Guitar Center in your area - if not, it would be worth your time to take a one day road trip to a nearby city to try these kits out.

You'll get a lot of opinions - but you need to trust your ears!!

Back