Replacing aalready recorded drums

doctornads

Hey guys I know this has been discussed beofor I just cant find the thread. I while back before I had dfhs i created a drum track using reason 3.0 Obviously dfh sounds 10000 times better so i want to replace the drum sounds with dfh samples. The reason drum files are not midi i imported them into cubase sx3 as wave files. I think I heard Drumagog can do this. If so How exactly do i go about doing this and if not then what do I do? Thanks alot!!

You would simply apply drumagog as a plug in and set it to the sound you want. It's really simple to figure out and once you get it down it's amazing what it can do.

awesome How do Get it to use the bleed function and stuff of dfh Like lets say i want to replace the snare with dfh samples through drumagog but i want to use the overhead mics as well as the snare top and bottom, how do I go about doing that and will it even use the snare top and bottom.

I'm pretty sure there is a function on there that will let you add how much of the original sound you want up to 100%. From everything I've every heard, drumagog is the absolute shit.

If you want to use the oheads as well as the snare you would just insert drumagog on your ohead tracks as well.

However unless your snare is louder than your toms & kick in the overheads, you might not be able to adjust the sensitivity sufficiently so only the snare hits the trigger. You're likely to get additional phantom triggers from kick & toms

My problem/ question is how do i replace the already recorded drum sound with the full on dfh sound. In drumaggog when i open the dfh folder for the lets say snare... 5000 files come up all different snares velovities of the snares. Different drums bleeding into the snare mic. There isnt a actual one dfh snare sound file. Like lets say i want the one of the sonor snares that i can choose when i launch dfh. How do I get that exact snare with all the sounds and files and wutever is combined to make that sound.

DRUMAGOG works well and is very easy ... however im trying to do also this in Reason/redrum / Sonor 4 ..?? and am having trouble ??? I know ive gotta make my kick into a midi file but ????? help !!!

Back