Pray for Travis Barker

and who injured or were effected by this crash.

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/

Pray that if he pulls through that the pain and recovery are short. Not my favorite type of music or favorite drummer, but a damn good one!

My heart goes out to all of them!

P

Sad news. My heart goes out to anyone who has been in a crash or equally similar horrifying situation. Even the ones that didn't make it into the news.

Sorry to hear this. On a positive note: maybe this will help his tempo.

^^ waits for the flame

what a dick... may you never be nearly burned to death. you go ahead and wait for the flames.

4 people died. and no matter how big of a putz we might think dude is, the fact remains. ya think?

even more tragic he was trying to help his assistant get home quickly to be with his wife who was going into labor, his assistant died in the crash.

fwiw, thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Yep, the tragedy is that people died in this accident and that's always a sad thing..............what is also unfortunate is the fact that if a dick like TB hadn't been involved nobody would have thought twice about another plane crash.

:cool:

prayers and compassion

Recovery from serious burns like this is painful and takes a long time. I pray that he and others can make a full recovery without too much pain (wishful thinking).
My heart goes out to those families and friends that lost their loved ones and to all who are recovering.
Things like this make our differences seem stupid and petty and we all just pull together and pray for the best outcome.

check his other posts. he's a jackass. :rolleyes::mad:

i thought he'd gotten enough negs to finally outgrow it, but apparently not.

I see. I still don't get the comment though. Is it cuz he plays fast? What's wrong with that? The dudes pretty talented. He can probably do pretty well on some slow sluggish old folk crap too.

I think travis is a class drummer and that what happened is quite bad especially the 4 fatalities.

Hope you get better soon Travis

The news for Travis Barker is not as grim as worried about

Thankfully, it seems that Travis Barker will make a full recovery from his injuries. He is still in critical condition because of the severity of his injuries, but doctors are very encouraging.
I have pasted a news item from todays' paper:
WEST COLUMBIA, S.C. — Former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and celebrity disc jockey DJ AM remained in critical but stable condition with second- and third-degree burns after a plane crash on Friday, and one of their doctors said he expected them to fully recover.

Two of the musicians' close friends and the plane's pilot and co-pilot were killed when the Learjet crashed on takeoff at Columbia Metropolitan Airport in South Carolina.

Dr. Fred Mullins, medical director of the Joseph M. Still Burn Center, said the two suffered second- and third-degree burns but had no other injuries from the crash and are in overall good health.

Barker was burned on his torso and lower body and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, was burned on an arm and a portion of his scalp, according to a statement from the musicians' families released by the hospital. Such injuries can take a year to fully heal, however Mullins said he didn't think it would take that long.

Investigators said they want to speak with Barker and Goldstein for their accounts of the crash, including how they survived. One witness said he discovered the musicians in the street near the fiery wreck as they frantically tried to douse their burning clothes.

Hersman said officials will give the men more time to recuperate. "They're the ones that are going to be able to give us the best firsthand knowledge," she said.

Barker and Goldstein had performed together under the name TRVSDJ-AM at a free concert in Columbia on Friday night. The show, which included performances by former Jane's Addiction singer Perry Farrell and singer Gavin DeGraw, drew about 10,000 people to a neighborhood near the University of South Carolina.

Barker, 32, was one of the more colorful members of the multiplatinum-selling punk rock band Blink-182, whose biggest album was 1999's CD "Enema of the State" and sold more than 5 million copies in the United States alone.

After Blink-182 disbanded in 2005, Barker went on to form the rock band (+44) -- pronounced "plus forty-four." He also starred in the MTV reality series "Meet the Barkers" with his then-wife, former Miss USA Shanna Moakler. The show documented the former couple's lavish wedding and home life. Their later split, reconciliation and subsequent breakup made them tabloid favorites.

Goldstein, 35, is a popular DJ for hire who at one time was engaged to Nicole Richie and dated singer/actress Mandy Moore. While he became a gossip favorite for his romances, he draws respect from music aficionados for his DJ skills.

Barker and Goldstein performed as part of the house band at the MTV Video Music Awards earlier this month.

Pilot Sarah Lemmon, 31, of Anaheim Hills, Calif., and co-pilot James Bland, 52, of Carlsbad, Calif., died in the crash. Also killed were Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, Calif., and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles. Baker was an assistant to Barker and Still was a security guard for the musician.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Continue to send good wishes and spirits his way, because he will have a lot of recovery and healing to do. This is sad for the 4 who perished and their loved ones. A few prayers in their direction is called for.

Sorry to hear this. On a positive note: maybe this will help his tempo.

^^ waits for the flame

I wish him well. And his tattoos.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Nevermind, don't answer. I would neg rep you, too. But since it doesn't do anything, I guess I will just hope that you keep going enough to get banned. Nobody needs shit like yours to bring the site down.

I sincerely hope you wise up.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Never-mind, don't answer. I would neg rep you, too. But since it doesn't do anything, I guess I will just hope that you keep going enough to get banned. Nobody needs shit like yours to bring the site down.

I sincerely hope you wise up.

Never-mind Rokket. You're just giving him what he wants. Just ignore it.

It is shameful to wish anyone ill. Regardless of your feelings about their musical choice or creative motives and or success, please not interfere with what is true. Talent, sucess is a gift. All thoughts prayers etc. should be well directed to them.

Back