New Studio Addition

SMC Productions

Here's a few shots of one of the new additions to the studio. A Gretsh Catalina set that I got for Scotty (my next to oldest son) to play, and use in the new Studio Tracking Room. We've been 'running it through it's paces' to check it out, and adding a few things, etc.

DrumsAmbient2.jpg

DrumsSideFlash.jpg

DrumsAboveTrackingRoomFull.jpg

DrumsTrackingRoomAbove1.jpg

Love everything except the china boy (and maybe the roto-toms) :D :D :D :D :D :D
VERY, very cool sir.

very nice dude.

what a nice kit, how about ya ditch those darn B8's.. ;) they should be next on the upgrade list IMO, although they are probably the best low end cymbals, and they do sound ok recorded. but still!

just messing with ya, very nice setup.

Sweet! Nice kit man. :)

How do ya like the roto toms? Looks like they've been played a bit. ;)
I was lookin into a set of those myself for some extra flavors in the kit.

Nice setup man.........

Nice kit. and again ditch the B8's. Keep the Paiste, and buy some Paiste Signatures, 2002's or even some Alphas. What model is that ride, I'm guessing by the blue logo that it is a 2000 series. I have the 3000 Power Ride, and it is the balls. I just ordered the Alpha series 22" Metal Ride too, which sounds awesome too.

TragikRemix said:
very nice dude.

what a nice kit, how about ya ditch those darn B8's.. ;) they should be next on the upgrade list IMO, although they are probably the best low end cymbals, and they do sound ok recorded. but still!

just messing with ya, very nice setup.

TNX...those I bought for my son to bang on! He already cracked one of my old 'rudes'!
The AAX's are mine, and I have a set of AAX Metal Hats that I use, and will probably put on that HH, when I record, etc.

Dogbreath said:
Sweet! Nice kit man. :)

How do ya like the roto toms? Looks like they've been played a bit. ;)
I was lookin into a set of those myself for some extra flavors in the kit.

Nice setup man.........

They are 'fun'....when I added them to this kit (because Scotty 'missed' them), I tuned them so they just sound like smaller toms in the kit...they sort of 'flow'. He seems to like the alot...they are fun...and cheap! :D

Atterion said:
Nice kit. and again ditch the B8's. Keep the Paiste, and buy some Paiste Signatures, 2002's or even some Alphas. What model is that ride, I'm guessing by the blue logo that it is a 2000 series. I have the 3000 Power Ride, and it is the balls. I just ordered the Alpha series 22" Metal Ride too, which sounds awesome too.

I don't really have any B8's myself, I bought those along with the kit for his Xmas gift...He's still a bit 'hard' on cymbals...he's already cracked one of mine!

The AAX Crash is mine, along with the China, plus I have a pair of AAX Metal Hats that I've used for years...love them..that ride is a 2002, I believe...but would have to go look, for sure...I do remember it's a 2000 'something'...I like it alot. I've had it for about 10 years, seems like...(have they been 'out' that long?)

Those B8's sort of sound like a metal pie pan sometimes...not very 'musical', that's for sure... :rolleyes:

tarnationsauce2 said:
I agree, ditch the B8's.
Love the snare, I have a Supra myself. :D

yeah...it's one awesome sounding snare...believe it or not, the maple snare that came with the Gretch's sound pretty damn good...I also have a nice Pearl Free Floater, with a brass shell (and a acrylic one on the way), plus a cheapy Pearl Export. They all have their 'uses', but the Supra is my fav, with the Floater being a close second!

SMC Productions said:
that ride is a 2002, I believe...but would have to go look, for sure...I do remember it's a 2000 'something'...I like it alot. I've had it for about 10 years, seems like...(have they been 'out' that long?)
The 2002's have been around since 1971, and the 2000's went in to production in 1986 (and were dropped around 1991, I think it was).

Back