Need Help Learning About Drums

punKy9923

I'm new here. I know absolutely nothing about drums, my boyfriend used to play them and I'm gathering up the money to buy him one. Could someone plese help me out and tell me what they know about them? He said he was pretty good and his set was worth $2500. Are they more expensive now?
:confused:
please write back!

What specificly would you like to know? Depending on the size, $2500 is a middle of the road kit. What are you trying to do?

Drum kits can range from a low end of about $250 (mostly crap) up to several thousand dollars. For a fair sounding low priced kit, wth some decent cymbals you can expect to pay $700-$1,000.

Often a used kit it the better way to go to save some money - but buying used you need to look for potential damage to tuning lugs, stripped hardware and damage to shells. Buying used would/should require the help of a drummer that knows what to look for.

AdrianFly said:
I asked my girlfriend for a drumkit and she got me this one.

I am so sorry. When you ask a girlfriend for something musical, you have to be specific. I made this mistake a long time ago. I told my girlfriend that I wanted a Randy Rhodes guitar, so without me she went to a local store (not a Jackson dealer) and asked for a RR model. The guy sold her an ARBOR RR model, for $100 over list price. The thing didn't last me 4 months before the hardware turned to cheeze. It sucked having to tell her that she got ripped off. It sucked having to play that piece of crap in front of people (while it was posible, anyway)

Be specific!

ok so we can help - BUT only if we know the make your your bf kit at the mo and when he got it. that wasy we can figure out waht kit is is by the price. then we can get him a better one. or you could just ask him - specificly what kit do u want? and i'll get you it :)

I'm not EXACTLY sure what I'm trying to do. Just a pretty decent set that looks kinda classic. I don't want it to be too much maintenance, hes not the best player in the world and doesnt know a lot about technical stuff. (tuning either...) but i have a while so i'll try and figure out more about it

Yea, My friend wanted a jackson rr7,it was his dream guitar. just the guitar was soo expensive though, i gave up on that idea fast. he wanted it custom made and better amps too. youre right though, girls dont do very good with that kind of stuff unless they play anyways. which i dont. and to drummerdude- im not sure of the make or anything, thats why its so hard. im still trying to look around, dont know how much help i am with that. so much for the used drumsets too, no one i know can play drums good

Last edited:
New Kit

What size kit or how many drums does he play?
That may add a lot to the price.Also if he wants good cymbals then add about $500 for a basic kit. (5 piece)
Hi-hats two crashes and a ride cymbal.
I suggest Pearl export series for the money.

Back