My New Drums are Better Than Greg's! :D

i paid a ton of money 136 days ago for these, finally got 'em today, and i'll be damned if i'm not gonna show 'em off!!!

front.jpg

front2.jpg

rear2.jpg

Oh my....look at the toms and lots of tinklys!!!!:cool: Nice ones Dross!!! And they came already fairy dusted I see...:D

Congrats!!!

Hey, the artwork on the wall, you do that?

Yes indeed, those are really nice. Too bad about the girly toms though. :p

Is that a custom kit? Did you choose shell thickness and depth and all that stuff?

Very nice! :D

Oh my....look at the toms and lots of tinklys!!!!:cool: Nice ones Dross!!! And they came already fairy dusted I see...:D

Congrats!!!

Hey, the artwork on the wall, you do that?

new finish by tama--it's called "blue galaxy fade." pretty cosmic, eh?

the art was drawn by rene descartes, mathematician and philosopher extraordiaire. i could never hope to be smart enough to draw that. i just had a printing place make a giant vinyl copy of it for my studio wall, since the picture graces the cover of my newest cd, and it was the first cd completed in my new home. :)

Yes indeed, those are really nice. Too bad about the girly toms though. :p

Is that a custom kit? Did you choose shell thickness and depth and all that stuff?

Very nice! :D

lol! that 18x16 floor tom cannon is anything but girly!!! and the whole thing sounds better than anything i've ever sat behind, bar none.

yeah, i spent exactly one year researching and testing the whole mess (brands, woods, prices, relevance of size, features, etc), and finally decided on an 8x8, 10x9,12x10, 14x11, 16x14, and 18x16 ft, with a 22x18 kick. tama's normal delay for starclassic performers is 90-120 days, and usually it's closer to the 90-day mark, but mine took longer. everything was made to order in japan and shipped here.

the snare is a custom pearl maple piccolo. that i bought used a couple years ago.

thanks for the props!

i have those rotos cranked up so high now that the 6-inch sounds like a frigging cowbell. the whole thing sounds pretty tight. i bet i'm spanning a good 4 octaves with those 9 drums. you gotta understand, i'm more of a mike portnoy guy than a bonham guy.

by the way, how are those mapex maples treating you? they look good, and i know those guys put out some good stuff. you lovin' it?

Yeah but do they record like Greg's??!!! :cool:

I'm getting geared up to record my kit.. can't wait to see how $hitty it sounds off the bat before i get the levels worked out!

i have those rotos cranked up so high now that the 6-inch sounds like a frigging cowbell. the whole thing sounds pretty tight. i bet i'm spanning a good 4 octaves with those 9 drums. you gotta understand, i'm more of a mike portnoy guy than a bonham guy.

by the way, how are those mapex maples treating you? they look good, and i know those guys put out some good stuff. you lovin' it?
Yeah all kidding aside, that looks like a very versatile spread. I bet it sounds fantastic. Congrats on a sweet kit. :)

I am loving my kit. I still got the semi-quality "stock" remo heads on them and I've been playing with tuning. The toms are like freaking bombs going off. The kick is pretty powerful, but very resonant. I need to put a pillow in that thing. Overall they sound great and I'm really excited about them. The 14x5.5 brass snare showed up today. Freaking heavy duty. I can't wait to beat on that thing too. :)

i paid a ton of money 136 days ago for these, finally got 'em today, and i'll be damned if i'm not gonna show 'em off!!!

front.jpg

front2.jpg

rear2.jpg

Nice score, dross! I've got a Dream Theater-esque group in right now, their drummer has that same Tama kit but with a green sparkle finish. Very sweet sound, you'll be very happy.

thanks to everyone! i've spent about 8 total hours now tuning, positioning, etc. the sound is incredible. after playing a 5-pc pearl export kit for the past 10 years, i'd have been ecstatic over the kick drum alone (this thing is ALL up in your chest!). to finally have my dream kit is, well, a dream come true!
LOVING IT!!!

now all i have to do is record it with my upgraded mics (603 pair in recorderman setup, 57 on snare, audix d6 on kick). i'll try to post some samples soon.

thanks again guys! :)

Back