My drum recording critique

Sounds pretty good mang. There is only one thing that sticks out to me. It seems like either the bass drum keeps resonating or you have a tiny amount of a really huge room sounding reverb on there. Or maybe I'm just hearing things. Other than that i like it. Did you have two mics on the snare? Its got nice amount of the snares in the sound, i like it.

Interesting analogies biggianthead....

but what does your ass have to do with his drum sound?? I have the same question as NegadivOne do you have 2 mics on the snare?? You really have captured the snares well. If it's 2 mics mess withh mixing a little less bottom mic. It's almost too much for my taste. All you hear is the snares buzzing. I do hear the reverb that he was talking about. It takes away from your kick sound. Put an ambient room reverb on it with a short reverb time. The drums sound good the kick needs some eq'ing. Try rolling off some 300-500hz. Other than that I'd say you've got a great start. Keep tracking that's the best way to learn. Good Luck

TheBigGiantHead said:
snare sounds like sissy ass
toms like untuned ass
kick sounds like ticky ass
cymbals sound like quiet ass

this is the response that i was planning on getting because i agree with you on every statement

this recording was just me messing with some crappy mics on a untuned set

lol
my drums are out of tune and im not very good at tuning them, i hate the way the kick sounds. the snare is pretty good but could be better. but after i recorded it i was pretty impressed with the sound considering what i was using.

Back