Ludwig

Herm

Ludwigs web site sucks so I thought maybe some of you could help me out on what the differance is in the Ludwig accent set and the ludwig accent cs set.
I know there is a big differance in price but not sure about the wood and hardware.
Thanks

Thanks for the close pics. What I am interested in is the fab 4 kits.
I just record at home now and dont play out anymore and am not sure if
The 1100.00 fab4 kit would be good enough for me. Im not sure I can justify going with the 2200.00 kit.or not. It will be the last kit I ever buy. Im not even sure what the shells are on the fab4 accent kit.
Has anyone seen these?

I researched long and hard. My 1947 Gretsch kit was getting strange on me (the brass claw and hoop tom rims were meant to tension calfskin, not mylar). I finally settled on this kit in a shell pack, because I had already replaced all the hardware, and the bang for the buck is unbeatable (note the rims, tom mounts, shell plies, die cast rims, bass drum legs, high tension lugs, blah:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tama-Superstar-SK-5Piece-Standard-Drum-Set-?sku=449224

A shell pack comes only with legs for the floor tom and the bass drum tom mounts. I got mine from Guitar Center for US$479.

I already had Iron Cobra pedals and enough cymbal stands for two rides
and five crashes, with some to spare. If you don't, get the full kit,
because the hardware is really discounted.

It will be the last kit I ever buy.
:rolleyes: That's what they all say!:D

I don't know you Herm, but if you do more recording than you do gigging then I would say get a larger kit than a 4-piece (yeah, I know they're cool but you don't want to end up being frustrated with forever only having two tom sounds).

I know you can always add toms later (depending on make and model) but if as you say you want a kit that'll last you forever you'd want it to be somewhat flexible.

something like this maybe? Probably not as high-end as you're looking for, but that configuration is certainly very cool.

With that Ludwig fab four kit the only thing I can see that makes it stand out is the finish and the shallow kick so you could set up a very similar kit with a standard "rock" kit.

my 2c.

obviously the fab four kit is meant to be the Ringo sound................bosh flap, bosh bosh flap

Speaking of the Ringo sound I just got the book recording the beatles.
Yes its 100.00 but well worth it if you are into the details about everything about the recording methods and gear they used.
They showed some pics of Ringos kit and alot of the time they recorded him with towels covering all of the Toms and snare.
He used a premier kit for the first album or 2 and then went with the ludwig kit with 20 inch bass drum and shortly after that moved up to a 22 inch kit.
I think if I remeber right he used a 5 piece kit on the last one or two albums.
I would have to look it up but it is some good reading.
Thanks guys for the input.

Back