lucky me

random.hero

i went to a garage sale today, and lucky me, i found a drumdial, barely used, FOR ONLY $1!!!

the girl obviously didnt know what the hell it was, so i bought it and ran!

I just wanted to share my good news and let you all know how giddy i am

I love when that happens :-) Years ago I got a call from a friend of mine, he told me his parents were cleaning out their basement and found a pile of drum gear that belonged to a drummer who no one had seen from or heard from in at least 5 years. If I could get over there within 2 hours, I could grab what I wanted and the rest was going in a dumpster. I snagged -

Gibraltar double pedal
1 working steel snare, 2 snare shells with hardware
10" and 12" Pearl export toms (bad shape tho)
2 complete cymbal stands
assorted other stand parts, lugs, tension rods, etc

Sure, it's not the same as finding a Gretsch kit at a yard sale for $50, but it's still cool :-)

random.hero said:
i went to a garage sale today, and lucky me, i found a drumdial, barely used, FOR ONLY $1!!!

the girl obviously didnt know what the hell it was, so i bought it and ran!

I just wanted to share my good news and let you all know how giddy i am

How would you like to see a 1000%(WOW!!!) return on that investment in less than 24 hours?

I snagged a mint condition Tama ImperialStar with all hardware including Zildjian medium thin crashes and new beat hihats with stands for 300 bucks. It gets used all the time now. Also scored a mesa boogie dc-3 for 200 bucks.

sweet. some other guy at a different yard sale was trying to sell a no name dented 3 piece set (kick and two toms) along with a pair of no name high hats and crash/ride w/o hardware for $200...

i laughed

I got a dry heavy ride and cracked full crash for $200... ive had the full crash for over a year and the crack hasnt rattled or grown at all.

I got a Behringer 4 channel Eurorack for $750 dollars at a flea market, what a dummy. I was so excited I went and sold it on ebay for $1500.

thedude400 said:
I got a Behringer 4 channel Eurorack for $750 dollars at a flea market, what a dummy. I was so excited I went and sold it on ebay for $1500.
To me.

i got an older pearl export seriers bass drum for like $10 from the salvation army once. i still use it too! haha

lol thats wonderful...

im addicted to beef jerky, but im eating turkey jerky and it isnt doin the trick for me...
i remember there was a thread in the cave about a jerky addiction... i just had a flash back, thats all

keep sharing your sweet deals!

my brother got me a free bass amp from a garage sale once..some 80s brand..Multivox M64 1x15 amp..def over 100 watts, solid state...very muddy tone for when you want to just crank the thing up and rock...it was going for $20, the lady let him have it for free by the end of the day lol

I received a stamped 40's Ziljian dark ride in trade for a $50 3/4 scale Cort bass. Sold the cymbal on ebay to an Italian guy for $1550.

I got a Neumann M150 that was in a behringer box for $25.00.

Then my alarm clock went off as I was paying for it. :( :( :mad: :mad: :( :mad:

Back