*****LET'S PLAY "DRUM TRIVIA"*****

Supersonic

I just finished ripping the Levee Breaks drum intro off of Zeppelin IV into a file that I want to keep adding to and using for home recording purposes. My question is, what other songs have great drum parts without any other background music, that are long enough to be used as loops??????
Here is my list and it's short, that's why we are playing "DRUM TRIVIA".
1/THE LEVEE BREAKS...ZEPPELIN
2/WALK THIS WAY...AEROSMITH
3/MOBY DICK/BONZO'S MONTREUX
Please help buy adding to the list....Thanks.

Check out music from Tower of Power, most of their songs have a drum intro or solo drum parts. One of the most famous sampled t.o.p. beats is squibcakes...

How about VH's intro to "Too Hot for Teacher"? Although it might not make a great loop.

Gotta go with MEMO!. I have a bunch of sampled "Tower of Power" drum kits that I saved and use when I have the need to rip off some phunkee bass-lines.

You do realize that everyone and their mom has already used "Levee" right? But it is amongst the funkiest beats ever, so there ya go. Other overused but great beats:
1. funky drummer-the godfather o' soul
2. the jam-graham central station
also check out "southbound saurez" from "in through the out door" there's a great drum break about 3/4 of the way through. I would also recommend any Medeski Martin and Wood record as a prime source of fine drum breaks. Oh, and "light up the sky" from Van Halen 2 has a cool break, complete with stupid amounts of fake reverb :)

Try "Mother" by John Lennon and "Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)" by Pink Floyd. OK, so I like the drum parts, and they are nice and isolated for part of the song.

MikeDog

This is going to sound completely stupid...
You can buy those $1.99 CDs of Christmas music nowadays... Find different versions of Little Drummer Boy. I'm sure there are rock compilations out there (if you find a neil peart one, post it...)

Beatles -- Carry that weight The Who -- Keith Moon has tons of stuff -- Stones -- Honky tonk Woman -- Buddy Rich -- Tons of stuff

Back