Keith Moon

:( Mitch and Keith were my two favorites :(

As I said earlier, the over-the-top drumming style has gone way out of fashion in the past 15-20 years, even to the point that some of those style of drummers (most notably Barriemore Barlow of Jethro Tull fame) have told younger drummers not to follow in their footsteps.

Needless to say, I'm a big fan of over-the-top style of playing.

I've been a huge Who fan for ever and ever.

Yeah, his playing style is out of fashion, but I never listened to music for fashion purposes.

Quadrophenia is one of the greatest records of all time.

:( Mitch and Keith were my two favorites :(

As I said earlier, the over-the-top drumming style has gone way out of fashion in the past 15-20 years, even to the point that some of those style of drummers (most notably Barriemore Barlow of Jethro Tull fame) have told younger drummers not to follow in their footsteps.

Needless to say, I'm a big fan of over-the-top style of playing.

I've been a huge Who fan for ever and ever.

Yeah, his playing style is out of fashion, but I never listened to music for fashion purposes.

Quadrophenia is one of the greatest records of all time.

Well, let me just say that I love the WHO and I love Hendrix. I just think they would have been better bands with different drummers. I also love Tull, but don't find that Barriemore Barlow ruins songs by over-playing the way those other 2 do. Maybe if there was something more than crazy single-stroke, no-dynamic playing going on, I'd appreciate that kind of playing more. But, it's not as if anything they did on the drums was revolutionary in any way, other than the fact that it was revolutionary because it was so over-the-top and busy.

Last edited:
I've traditionally preferred Tommy but I am liking Quad more and more. The peak of Pete's songwriting prowess.

I agree. Well, I think Who's Next is their best album (though there is a little gem called The Who Sell Out). Quadrophenia has better songs then Tommy but some arangements are just to much synth based if you ask me.

The Real Me is one of my favourite who tracks. The bass on that one is so incredible. Also love, Love Reign O'r Me.

I lost my Who Sell Out CD. Like, it never left my room. I listened to it on my computer, I didn't even get a chance to rip the MP3s, and I lost the CD. No clue where it went.

Who's Next is really good but it was my first CD and you hear half the songs on the radio a lot so it doesn't have the same charm like their others do.

Real Me is awesome, I have it as part of my practice session.

Back