individual outs using midi

bwindsor

Simple question but...when using a pad (like the Roland SPD11 or 20) can each sound be sent to a different midi channel and taken as an individual out to multitrack? I presently use a machine with 12 individual outs, but want to add "live" drumming via a pad system, just don't want to be limited to L/R outs only. Thanks in advance to anyone who can fill me in on the above!

BW

Bwindsor, Hello, I presume that you own a Roland SPD 11/20? If so could you give me some info on it, i am thinking of buying one but need to know if the foot triggers like the bass triggers can be set up in such a way that you can get a double bass effect like metallica etc. So, can two triggers be set to trigger the bass drum? Sorry I can not help you with your question, but would appreciate a response from you.

Helmut,

Sorry I can't help on this one...I don't own an SPD, am considering purchase of one though! I believe there is only one trigger input for kick controller, but I'm sure there is a work-around for this. These units were R&D'd fairly well, can't see them being limited in this way. Anyway, I'll look into it, if I find anything I'll post.

BW

Back