Hydrogen drum machine

scdaymon

HYDROGEN DRUM MACHINE

Does anyone knows this software?

At first it only worked under Linux distros (I used it a lot on Linux Mint and on Ubuntu Studio). I guess I didn’t went for it for serious recordings, cause I found very hard to work it with ARDOUR (the most known Linux DAW).
But now, HYDROGEN has a Windows version, and I found it pretty functional under that OS.
After tried a little of EzDrummer, Addictive Drums, Beatcraft, and Jamstix (all demos, but…) I found HYDROGEN DRUM MACHINE to be the easiest and the most effective. And it’s FREE!!!
Sure it’s not perfect: you need to build the patterns, then with your group of patterns you build a song, then you must export it to wav, and then finally bring it to the DAW (sure you can export it to midi, but you’ll lose the desire drum kit sounds). But first, you can mix every drums sounds. Then, it’s just a question of blending it perfectly (in time) with the rest.

Plus: A lot of Drums Kits, with very real sound.

Have any of you ever heard about it?

What’s your opinion?

Hydrogen | advanced drum machine for GNU/Linux

I strongly advise you all to take a look.

Last edited:
Listening to the samples...

It sounds pretty realistic. Not bad. Not quite for what I need for my music though. It's definitely worth checking out if you're doing more of a rock/indie kinda sound.

Actually it works really well with linux. I haven't had any problems with it so far and have been recording with it on Ardour 3.0b4 since February. Maybe I can help you get it going on Ardour if you want. Any questions feel free to ask or you can pm me also.

Actually it works really well with linux. I haven't had any problems with it so far and have been recording with it on Ardour 3.0b4 since February. Maybe I can help you get it going on Ardour if you want. Any questions feel free to ask or you can pm me also.

Sorry not since Feb. I believe since April or May.

Back