How to/Mixer/Drum Machine?

Halo16

hey all
My problem is i have a sampler/drum/synth machine with a mian stereo out and 3 sub stereo outs, now in this sampler's menu i can only choose main outs or one of the subs either way it comes out stereo /per voice, stay with me, now i have a Makie 32/8 wich i just got and still learning how to use it has 1 line in per channel a direct out and a insert so when i plug in the sampler my drums say the kik is coming out stereo and im forced to split the sound to 2 channels on the mixer wich to me doesent seem right? so what to do i have no clue? id like to dedicate one channel per sound so to have an easier life and control. Come to think of it how do i handle Stereo out puts in general from synths ans other stuff if each channel only has 1 line input? sorry if this is dumb question but i never used i big mixer like this before im us to the little Makies with stereo inputs

THX!

[Edited by Halo16 on 01-08-2001 at 18:45]

Check your Owner's Manual to see if there's a way to pan the outputs.If you pan one side hard left and the other hard right,each one now functions as a mono output,so get your kick all the way to the left and send it to that one,and now you can process the kick on one mixer channel,and control it's position in the mix panwise with the mixer channel's own pan knob.

Halo16: With mixers you can either use stereo sources with one stereo channel, or two mono channels. Use two monochannels, pan one full left and the other full right, and you'll be set.

Vartual.ray has a good point with panning. Maybe you can assign the kick and the snare to the same sub-stereo out, and pan the kick full left and the snare full right? That way you'll just have one channel per sound, which does make sense.

What machine is it?

hey regebro

Its a E-MU Ultra 4xt but i think im about to use the MPC2000 that i have for the drums since thats what its realy for its just the emu has so many cool stuff in it and sounds so good but ill just go for the mpc idea and use the emu for synth sounds and other noise
thxx

hey regebro

Its a E-MU Ultra 4xt but i think im about to use the MPC2000 that i have for the drums since thats what its realy for its just the emu has so many cool stuff in it and sounds so good but ill just go for the mpc idea and use the emu for synth sounds and other noise
thxx guys
rock on!

Back