hi-hat adjustment

question444

I have a Yamaha hi-hat stand. I was missing the metal brace at the bottom and a Yamaha representative was kind of enough to send me one free of charge. He told me it was an HS-740 model. The problem I'm having is that when I let the pedal up, the bottom piece tops out and you hear the top cymbal go "pongggggg". Has anyone had this problem? Do you think he sent me the wrong hardware? Can I adjust this? Thanks.

Attachments

• ed84fe9f.jpg
    ed84fe9f.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 77
I'm not sure what you're saying/asking. Take that picture into Paint and circle the "metal part" you're referring to.

hmmmm, i dont know exactly what ur talking about... but the top of the stand looks like a light saber! shhhooooooooooom!

updated pic

They're about a half inch apart. here's another picture as jayke requested.

Attachments

• hs740.JPG
    hs740.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 36
The black part controls the tension on the pedal, twist it to the right and move it up or down, than back to the left to lock it in place.

It looks like from your picture that you are missing a felt at the top of the pedal mechanisim, I attached a picture of where the felt goes. That looks like it could be the noise you are getting, the metal bracket banging against the base of the hihat. Hope this helps

Attachments

• HHSTand.JPG
    HHSTand.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 28
that is actually just a photo i found on the internet. my felt is in place. I guess I'll just have to mess around with it.

Back