A heads up...

PhilGood

Juice box hero
Just a heads up about something a buddy and I are working on. We are starting a new show that we hope will go up on Apple's iTunes website. It is called a Podcast. Its like a radio show, but you can download it to your iPod and play it whenever you like. Its going to be about drums, drumming and drummers. We will be interviewing some of your favorite drummers and will want to ask some of your questions regarding their playing, equipment and personal stuff. We have started asking who will be interested and have some fine people lined up already.

I don't want questions yet. Think about what you might like to ask these guys/gals and be ready to post when I give the go-ahead!

The following drummers have confirmed their interest:

Dave Weckl
Simon Phillips
Steve Gadd
Gregg Bissonette
Teri Lynn Carrington
Lenny Castro

other possibilities are:
Neil Peart
Ringo Starr
Alex accuna
Luis Conte
Vinny Colaiuta
Joe Porcaro
and others...

We'll have to wait about the possiblities and others.

Most of this is confirmed, but like I said, wait until we know for sure to start posting questions. I'll let you know when.

Very cool - I don't have iPod, but the concept is great. I envy your opportunity to meet and talk to such great drummers.

it wold be even more awsome if you got fyfe ewing, dave grohl and dave barbarossa on your list too.

Anders said:
it wold be even more awsome if you got fyfe ewing, dave grohl and dave barbarossa on your list too.

I can add those names to the list. I'll have to lean hard on some friend's rolodex, but who knows.

Mate :D

That's be amazing. I regularly podcast myeslf and if you got those guys doing it you'd have a listener right here.

Have you spoken to Gregg yet? I'm going to a clinic of his tonight. I could mention it to him, but i wont unless you recon it'd help.

GOOD JOB BUDDY!

Man, I've always been a huge fan of Carter Beauford's playing. I love the way he fits into Dave Matthew's music without being too overbearing. I'd love to see him on there.

drummerdude666 said:
Mate :D

That's be amazing. I regularly podcast myeslf and if you got those guys doing it you'd have a listener right here.

Have you spoken to Gregg yet? I'm going to a clinic of his tonight. I could mention it to him, but i wont unless you recon it'd help.

GOOD JOB BUDDY!

I don't think there'd be a problem mentioning it. It wasn't me that asked him, but my friend Robert, who is the real power behind this. I haven't talked to Gregg since 1996. I am looking forward to talking to him again.

Its going to be fun.

OK. The first interview is this wednesday and will be with Dave Weckl. It will post probably 1-2 weeks after the interview, as it will be an all afternoon interview edited down to 30 minutes.

Any questions you've been dying to ask Dave? He said he will break things down for it to be easy to understand for the rest of us.

I got alot of research to do...

If you have iTunes on your computer, you'll be able to download it and play it without an iPod. We may make available elsewhere.

Bump

So NO ONE has any questions for Dave??? C'mon people, I'm heading to his house at 11:00am wednesday California time!! Dave freakin' Weckl!! (not sure that's his middle name...) Ask away!

I want a few from "Percussionland"!... ;)

PhilGood said:
Bump

So NO ONE has any questions for Dave??? C'mon people, I'm heading to his house at 11:00am wednesday California time!! Dave freakin' Weckl!! (not sure that's his middle name...) Ask away!

I want a few from "Percussionland"!... ;)

that will be cool...i like the idea too...guess i need to get in the 21 cent and get an ipod?

i've read some articles on weckyl in the past...and right off hand i cant remember anything that i would have like to have seen added...

however, it would be great to hit tuning questions, recording questions such as mic placement/techniques (esp for the folks on this board). equipment is always a standard (ie, anything new).

I'm pretty sure it IS 'Freakin'.

Phil how do you know Dave??!! :confused:

A few questions/comments:

1) Please come to Baton Rouge every now and then. (I'll settle for New Orleans)

2) What do you do with your old hardware and cymbals when upgrading? :)

3) How are things working out with Sabian?

4) Do you have any plans for releasing more Player's Circle In Session CD's?

5) Are you a member of any recording BBS'? if so what is your Username?

6) Do you own/use an iPod?

7) Has the internet/piracy hurt your album sales? Though we all know HIS fans are decent people with class! In fact Dave is welcome over anytime for beer and BBQ.

8) Did you like the Yamaha Sub-kick?

9) I understand you record at your own home studio. What equipment are you using? signal chain, processors etc...

10) More Videos in the works?

11) Do you prefer one snare over others for most situations? Does that change for live vs. recording?

12) You never covered snare drum tuning in your videos. Any tips?

13) I've noticed that most chain stores Jazz section has shrunk considerably. Do you find today's strong pop culture hurting Jazz's influence on the young?

14) Do you have any equipment you no longer want? (We can talk about it over a Guinness, my treat!).

shortness said:
that will be cool...i like the idea too...guess i need to get in the 21 cent and get an ipod?

Actually all you need is iTunes and you can just listen on your computer.

marknrox said:
I'm pretty sure it IS 'Freakin'.

Phil how do you know Dave??!! :confused:

A few questions/comments:

1) Please come to Baton Rouge every now and then. (I'll settle for New Orleans)

2) What do you do with your old hardware and cymbals when upgrading? :)

3) How are things working out with Sabian?

4) Do you have any plans for releasing more Player's Circle In Session CD's?

5) Are you a member of any recording BBS'? if so what is your Username?

6) Do you own/use an iPod?

7) Has the internet/piracy hurt your album sales? Though we all know HIS fans are decent people with class! In fact Dave is welcome over anytime for beer and BBQ.

8) Did you like the Yamaha Sub-kick?

9) I understand you record at your own home studio. What equipment are you using? signal chain, processors etc...

10) More Videos in the works?

11) Do you prefer one snare over others for most situations? Does that change for live vs. recording?

12) You never covered snare drum tuning in your videos. Any tips?

13) I've noticed that most chain stores Jazz section has shrunk considerably. Do you find today's strong pop culture hurting Jazz's influence on the young?

14) Do you have any equipment you no longer want? (We can talk about it over a Guinness, my treat!).

These are good questions!

I met Dave back in 1996 while working on a percussion opener with Simon Phillips for the Fiesta Bowl in Tempe Arizona. At that time I also met some of the other drummers we'll be interviewing.

PhilGood said:
These are good questions!

I met Dave back in 1996 while working on a percussion opener with Simon Phillips for the Fiesta Bowl in Tempe Arizona. At that time I also met some of the other drummers we'll be interviewing.

how'd the interview go?!? :confused: :o :eek: :D

Back