Heads

tilinmyowngrave

Are the Attack Thin SKin 2 Ply Black drum heads hydraulic? Or do they sound more like sinhgle ply since they r "thin skinned"? What other good heads are there that are durable but sound like single ply?

The attack heads are the worst sounding heads I have ever heard. Not just inappropriate for my needs, I couldn't find anything that these sounded good on for any purpose.

tilinmyowngrave said:
Are the Attack Thin SKin 2 Ply Black drum heads hydraulic? Or do they sound more like sinhgle ply since they r "thin skinned"? What other good heads are there that are durable but sound like single ply?

The only "hydraulic" heads on the market as far as I know, are the Evans Oilheads - but isn't that a misnomer? They have some kind of oil between the two layers of head - that is why they are so dead.

I haven't tried Attack heads, but I have heard decent things about their "clear coated" heads - I don't think they actually make them anymore - they are the "DW" heads with the white coating ring on them.

I'm still partial to clear Pinstripes. I guess once you get a sound you like, you just stick with it.

Tim

Tim Brown said:
The only "hydraulic" heads on the market as far as I know, are the Evans Oilheads - but isn't that a misnomer? They have some kind of oil between the two layers of head - that is why they are so dead.

I haven't tried Attack heads, but I have heard decent things about their "clear coated" heads - I don't think they actually make them anymore - they are the "DW" heads with the white coating ring on them.

I'm still partial to clear Pinstripes. I guess once you get a sound you like, you just stick with it.

Tim

My drum set has Attack Heads on rack toms, and pinstripe on floor tom. I like Evans G2's way better.

Back