HB Drums!!! Opinions???

Atterion

Hi all,
Just wondering what you all think of HB Drums. Any horror stories about them??? Basically, I've been playing drums for about 25 years, and have always used double bass kits by the likes of: Pearl (Export and World Series), Tama (Rockstar and Artstar Series), and 2 Ludwig kits (Not a fan though). I have had a couple of small kits too by Rogers, and Gretsch. But due to past circumstances, I had been forced to give up drums (Since 1995). Now it is 2006, and I can't take it any longer, I need to beat some damn drums. But, now I have a wife and kids, and spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on drums isn't going to be likely. So my requirements are: quality, double bass, lots of toms, cheap money (So I can afford a half a dozen or so cymbals.....If the wife don't kill me first). The HB's seem to fit the criteria, and from the 1 or 2 online reviews I have seen, they seem to get high marks for build quality and sound. But, I'd like to hear some real-world stories, rather than a plain-jane online right-up. So any thoughts you folks might have would be greatly appreciated. ThanX in advance.

Heres there link: http://www.hbdrums.com

Here is the particular kit I'm looking at for $1,062.46 minus an additional 15% off right now (looks like the guy who set it up for the picture was drunk): http://www.hbdrums.com/c=k9fOwp6QegpK3IPXHpJb4zJaW/s=hbdrums.com/product/HBPRED12BLK-S

And FYI, I play mostly metal, from the likes of Iron Maiden right on up to raging speed metal, black metal, etc. But I might just bust out some Uriah Heep (who used HB), or ELO, Deep Purple, etc.

I've never played on an HB set. But I'll tell ya, most of those cheaper sets like that will sound like cock and balls (shitty). If you're willing to pay 1k, watch Ebay, you could probably grab a much better set!

hmmm if you like 4 piece you might get a nice dw ...but im guessing you like bigger kits, hp looks really really cheap, if you recomend how many toms you need and not want(many of us want many many many many many many many many many many many toms)then we could suggest something better in the price range but i would stear clear of hp

ThanX for the feedback guys. I'm actually going to look at a 9pc double-bass Mapex Saturn kit on a Gibralter rack tomorrow, and just bought 2 Pearl snares yesterday (5x12 Firecracker, and a 3x13 steel Piccolo (Which sounded better than snares costing 2 and 3 times more in side-by-side tests)). ThanX again.

Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
These Mapex sound friggin' awesome, and look absolutely stunning. About a $1000 more than what I wanted to spend, but you get what you pay for, and I still got a kick-ass deal. :) :) :) :) :)

Back