Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Greg's general guide to rock drums for NEWBIES!

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I've got a 30" tv for my monitor now, & the screen is big enough to see everything from my little e-kit...I also have a 30' USB cable, & have had no problems with the data transfer or whatever. I did a bit of reading before I bought all that, & anything over 30' usually requires some kind of repeater thing. I also have 2 wireless mice, one for my desk, & one on a little table beside the e-kit...
    Everything works pretty good, except my drumming...

Since I mentioned the tv, I've got 2 monitors now, & can run 'em both with the new pc, but I don't know how to get the mixer on one screen, & the track panel on the other in Reaper....Off topic, but any of you guys know how to do this???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by minerman View Post
    I've got a 30" tv for my monitor now, & the screen is big enough to see everything from my little e-kit...I also have a 30' USB cable, & have had no problems with the data transfer or whatever. I did a bit of reading before I bought all that, & anything over 30' usually requires some kind of repeater thing. I also have 2 wireless mice, one for my desk, & one on a little table beside the e-kit...
    Everything works pretty good, except my drumming...

Since I mentioned the tv, I've got 2 monitors now, & can run 'em both with the new pc, but I don't know how to get the mixer on one screen, & the track panel on the other in Reaper....Off topic, but any of you guys know how to do this???
    No kidding, a 30' USB cable? Wow, I didn't know they even made them that long. Glad it's working, that makes me curious...

I hear ya on the drumming part. Since I suck at the drums, it takes me many takes to get drums composed, rehearsed, and tracked. If I had to get up and walk to the computer every time, I'd die of exhaustion before I recorded a keeper

As for the dual-monitor setup, in Reaper you can un-dock the mixer from the main window. Then you just drag it over to the other monitor and maximize it. To un-dock it, I think that you can just right-click it and uncheck a box in the context menu and it'll break free of its default docked position.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpui View Post
    No kidding, a 30' USB cable? Wow, I didn't know they even made them that long. Glad it's working, that makes me curious...

I hear ya on the drumming part. Since I suck at the drums, it takes me many takes to get drums composed, rehearsed, and tracked. If I had to get up and walk to the computer every time, I'd die of exhaustion before I recorded a keeper
    Yeah dude, they've got 'em on amazon, that's where I got mine, & it does work. I usually just run it on the floor from the computer to the kit, but I've probably got enough slack left to tuck it in under the baseboards nicely, & leave a little tail, so I can just plug it in when I wanna...The cable has a built-in repeater, & it's pretty cheap IMO:

https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Pri...0%27+usb+cable

I also use a couple headphone cable extensions too, you can find these at any Wal-mart for about $5...

When I'm not using 'em, I just keep them rolled up on top of the hi-hat pad with a couple velcro cable ties...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpui View Post
    As for the dual-monitor setup, in Reaper you can un-dock the mixer from the main window. Then you just drag it over to the other monitor and maximize it. To un-dock it, I think that you can just right-click it and uncheck a box in the context menu and it'll break free of its default docked position.
    Ok man, thanks, I'll have to try that...I actually need to buy a wall mount thing & start using both, right now I've only got one connected, but I do know they work with this pc, I had 'em both running just a few days ago...

Thread Information