fruity loops..

Sebcore

Hi,ok i think im just goin to buy fruity loops,its to hard to find someting free that is good.What version of fruty loops i should get?Just to make drum beats with it..Metal drum beats..Because i went on there site and theres a couple of versions like producer ect..
TX

if it is only for drum kits for metal and not making techno get the cheapest one and then either use a drum kit like http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/ nskit free or buy one(the fl studio ones are ok but not as good as other option) i thought there were some free sequencers out there that would work for you but i cant remeber maybe someone can help me out here

only problem with sfz is there is no piano roll i thought. granted this isnt a problem if he has a midi input device or a program like sonar with a paino roll in it but if he need fruity loops for the paino roll this wont do him any good

SFZ is just the VSTi player. You will need a sequecer of some sort to work with it. I thought Fruity had MIDI and VST capabilities. Oh well, if it doesn't, I guess SFZ is out.

EDIT: I just checked. Fruity does support VSTi, so SFZ would work just fine. He can just use the step sequencer in Fruity and load SFZ as his VSTi.

well he wouldnt need szf if he had fruity loops(fruity can sample vsti) and differnt kits like nskit can used straight into fruity loops

hi again,ok i got all the samples from the ns_kit..they are all in .wav and i can hear them.There is a big list of them..How do i get them in fruty loops?and do i get them all or i just choose the ones that soud better to me?Plz explain that to me step by step.TX

go into the fruity loops directory then go data, then patches, then packs and drop a folder full of the sounds in packs(atleast with fl5 thats what you do should be similar if not the same) then in the browser sidebar of flstudio under packs you will see the new folder you added and the files will be there

ok i think i found a way to import the .wav files..I got fruty loops 4.But now i get an error when i try to open anything that i saved previously..im seriously lost..

go to wherever you installed fruityloops then go into data then into the patches folder and then into the packs folder(or wherever you can find the packs folder at) and drop a folder full of the wavs into the packs folder it will no appear in your browser in fl underneath the packs section

ok tx its worknig now ive imported them in drum kits..But can u tell me why the ns_free kit sounds are supose to be beter than the fruity loops ones?I mean they are not as loud and i cant see no big differances..

well first there are many layers so if you wanna take the time and make it sound more human you can but thats not as big a deal. mainly they are just better recorded and sound much more real the the fruitly loop drums if you like the drums in fl studio use them but more than likely the best soudns will be nskit(when i used to program my drums i used ns kit but i used the one of the kicks from fruity loops) the part where fruity loops lacks the most is in cymbals, and seeing how nskit is free it doesnt really hurt to go ahead and get the extra variety but with a little eq the nskit can sound really good for any application

tbone36109 said:
well first there are many layers so if you wanna take the time and make it sound more human you can but thats not as big a deal. mainly they are just better recorded and sound much more real the the fruitly loop drums if you like the drums in fl studio use them but more than likely the best soudns will be nskit(when i used to program my drums i used ns kit but i used the one of the kicks from fruity loops) the part where fruity loops lacks the most is in cymbals, and seeing how nskit is free it doesnt really hurt to go ahead and get the extra variety but with a little eq the nskit can sound really good for any application

ok tx man,i guess ill have more varietys of sounds..

im learning fruity loops now and i gotta say the piano rolls and the playlist are really confusing me.Im use to just programing with normal drum machines..ID need some help on those like,do u use the step sequencer if u use the pianno roll?like im supose to program all my sounds in pianno rolls?And how do u use the playlist to play the song?U put the paterns 1 after the other but how do u make them perfectly place?
Tx

use the step sequncers for drums and hits (things that you dont need to use notes on ) and things like boobass where you need notes use the paino sequencer.

and how do u place your paterns on the song play so they are perfectly lined?And how can i make 3/4 then 4/4 within the same song?
tx

you should be able to select where the cells lock into place somewhere cant remeber and im not sure at all how to change it to 3/4 its been a while since i used fl studio and i dont think i ever used it in 3/4(honestly i never knew it could be used in 3/4 with out loading in midi files that were alreadyt 3/4)

Back