fl studio registration expired?

Shut the F up...........

You lost your registration number.
If you cant find your registration number for WinXP do you think Microsoft will help you..........

They do that so assholes don't download a copy and then claim that they payed for it and start using it.

I don't think it would be to hard to get a cracked copy. If you have proof you own it that shouldn't be a problem.

Funny, I found their address and phone number is 30 seconds on their web site.

Never registered?

Not interested in upgrades?

BS.

Have fun, buddy. Go trolling somewhere else.

i found a fax number for some place in belgium...i asked for a phone number in email correspondance. i can dl an illegal copy...very very easy. however, thats not my problem. I have an instruction booklet and a cd for fl studio 4. I have saved fl files on my computer. How could i save an fl file wiht a demo cd? I offered to take pictures of my screen showing these files, i offered to take pictures of booklet and cd. Why would i be "trolling" around for an OLD key for fl? fl 6 is out, im looking for help on fl4 because thats what i purchased. Many of my friends are computer science majors and from what i understand, the keys reset themselves in my registry because im attepmting to use the software on a different OS. Why didnt i register my product?..because the computer i use exclusevily for music is not hooked up to the internet for numerous reasons, and i have no desire for updates as i only use the software for basic applications. If i wanted a key, trust me...i would know better.

Look, dude, if you buy software, do NOT register it, and lose the serial number, seriously, what do you expect anyone to do?

If you're legit, you're out of luck, unless you can convince the company to believe you.

rightbrainnow said:
i found a fax number for some place in belgium...i asked for a phone number in email correspondance. i can dl an illegal copy...very very easy. however, thats not my problem. I have an instruction booklet and a cd for fl studio 4. I have saved fl files on my computer. How could i save an fl file wiht a demo cd? I offered to take pictures of my screen showing these files, i offered to take pictures of booklet and cd. Why would i be "trolling" around for an OLD key for fl? fl 6 is out, im looking for help on fl4 because thats what i purchased. Many of my friends are computer science majors and from what i understand, the keys reset themselves in my registry because im attepmting to use the software on a different OS. Why didnt i register my product?..because the computer i use exclusevily for music is not hooked up to the internet for numerous reasons, and i have no desire for updates as i only use the software for basic applications. If i wanted a key, trust me...i would know better.

rightbrainnow said:
the software should work standing alone. bottom line.
Yes, as long as you have the serial number.

Computers and OSs go haywire. You have to be prepared to deal.

What would you expect if your hd failed? That case is really no different than that you've indicated. You would still have to re-install.

Yea, and I did have a serial number, thats how i got the software to work in the first place. Youre forgetting the humanity in things. Would it be benefical to keep the serial number? of course. However, moving from one city, to another city, then 1000 miles away to Boston...moving twice up there, and then back down to another city...things tend to get lost. The company chooses not to understand this, and offers no other means of backup to make up for the failure of their product.

Lose your car keys you buy another one.

Lose your software key buy another one.

What dont you get!

I moved from Canada to the US, moved 3 times since I've been here, bought a house, built a studio, and I have managed to retain all my serial numbers.

And I have a lot of them.

So, I am also having a hard time understanding what you don't seem to get.

The serial number is the ONE AND ONLY piece of identification the company has to determine that you paid for the software. It is the deed and the title, if you will. It does not exist solely to allow you access to the software, it proves your rights to the software.

Everything else is EASILY scammed.

Sorry, you're out of luck, and I'm with the company on this one.

rightbrainnow said:
Yea, and I did have a serial number, thats how i got the software to work in the first place. Youre forgetting the humanity in things. Would it be benefical to keep the serial number? of course. However, moving from one city, to another city, then 1000 miles away to Boston...moving twice up there, and then back down to another city...things tend to get lost. The company chooses not to understand this, and offers no other means of backup to make up for the failure of their product.

It's not a failure of their product. It's ineptness on your part. It's not their fault it is yours. You can't blame them for your problem. You should have burned the software onto a CD and put the seriel number into a notepad file labeled "Registration Number" or Seriel Number".

Tim

I have the software, and I have the cd...thats not the issue..Jesus Christ i wasnt trying to start an arguement. I was asking for technical help...told me to contact the company because "these things happen, they usually help out" (hmm..so understandanding there? what a bright idea!)..I do that and they dont understand...then i get flamed because i made a simple human mistake. When someone asks for help, you dont say "welp, youre an idiot and stop trying to troll around for keys" and then give them analogy that compares it to a key to a car. Car keys dont cost 100 bucks.

You have three options.(besides learning to play drums, which is a good option too I might add)

1) Buy the latest online version and burn it to CD along with your registration and reg key.

B) Illegally download a key for your version of the program. You've paid for the licence, your problem is with the copy protection stopping you from using it. Just make sure you don't use any of the features you've never payed for. :p (that would be about 60% of the program by now)

Gravy) If all you need is acoustic drums then Fruity is not your best option. Get one of those large drumkit Vsts like DFH superior. Of course you'll need a host to use these.(might I recommend FLStudio?.... ok sorry!)

ImageLine cannot help you with your serial because if you never registered then they have no record of you purchasing the app. When I lost my registration details all I had to do was ask tech support to email me them, and they were very quick about it. They really are a good bunch of guys.

Back