fl studio registration expired?

rightbrainnow

I legally purchased fl studio 4 from guitar cent for 100 bucks over a year ago. i installed it on my computer and everything was fine. I neglected to use it for a while as i was trying other things. I went back to it today and it says its a demo version or that my registration has expired. I searched for support at their website, but you cant get anywhere unless youre a registered user. The compuer the software is installed on is not connected to the internet...and i never really wished to register the product as i wasnt interested in updates etc. This is extremely frustrating...does anyone have a clue as to how i can get my valid copy of fl 4 to work? thanks.

A Rule of Recording:

Put your serial numbers and/or keyID files on a CD and put it in your safety deposit box!!!

(Not just a paranoid systems administrator and programmer, but I got hit by FOUR hurricanes last year! You can't afford to ignore backups....)

TimOBrien said:
A Rule of Recording:

Put your serial numbers and/or keyID files on a CD and put it in your safety deposit box!!!

(Not just a paranoid systems administrator and programmer, but I got hit by FOUR hurricanes last year! You can't afford to ignore backups....)
And if you didn't take proper precautions with your serial numbers and so forth, you should be called NoBrainNow. :)

Unless you're just fishing for serial numbers, in which case, good luck. :rolleyes:

fraserhutch said:
And if you didn't take proper precautions with your serial numbers and so forth, you should be called NoBrainNow. :)

Unless you're just fishing for serial numbers, in which case, good luck. :rolleyes:

thanks for the help

ok so i found the cd to install the software...i even found the manual, but no cd sleeve..so no registration key. Does anybody know how to look into my computers registry to pull out the key thats already in there? Im not fishing for keys.

well as i stated...the software is on a computer that isnt not connected to the internet...its used primarily for music, so i like to keep it safe from internet traffic and viruses etc. I never registered the product...the only way to get any help on the site is if youre registered..which is a horrible way to do business, but thats not what this is about.

rightbrainnow said:
well as i stated...the software is on a computer that isnt not connected to the internet...its used primarily for music, so i like to keep it safe from internet traffic and viruses etc. I never registered the product...the only way to get any help on the site is if youre registered..which is a horrible way to do business, but thats not what this is about.

How is that horrible buisness?

If you baught then search and search for it.

-jeffrey

its horrible business...because as a consumer i should have equal right to the technical services the company provides. Just because i chose not to utilize the free updates, doesnt mean i should be penalized when their product fails. Ive been searching, and searching...trust me.

1) Run regedit

2) Search for keys with strings (words) containing variations of flstudio, frootloops, whatever.

3) DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING, or you may render your system hosed.

4) If and when that fails, call the company. All comapnies I have dealt with have policies and mechanisms in place for this sort of situation.

5) And next time, protect your investment by storing important information such as serial numbers and cd keys in a safe place.

did that...foudn about four files that havesome sort of fl studio variation as the file name, but i dont see any reg keys...just kinda generic files.

rightbrainnow said:
did that...foudn about four files that havesome sort of fl studio variation as the file name, but i dont see any reg keys...just kinda generic files.
It's highly likely that the seral number is NOT in the registry (where someone hith trivial hacking skills would find it in a ninute) but rather comiled into the executable, either in an encrypted datas egment, or as a reverse-key generator.

You're going to have to contact the company, I fear.

If in fact you do own a legal copy call them. I'm sure they will get you up and running.

If you lose your keys to the car it's not the manufactures problem it's yours.

i have tried to contact them...they have no number. you get a phone number if you purchase the software online. Ive corresponded with email and they are of no help. if you lose the key to your car, yea its your fault...if the key stops working..it is their fault. ass. You should be able to put faith in the manufacturer that they are providing a quality product that would not malfunction in such a way.

Back