Electric Drum set Help!!

Bguzaldo

I was wondering if anyone knows of an electric drum set where you can upload your own sounds to the pads, like if i where to recording a bass guitar and assign the wav. files to different pads, i would buy two so i can get all the notes from A-G. I'm part of a two man band and I'm looking for a way to play bass and drums at the same time. I know it sounds ridiculous and im straying from the point, but yeah I need an electic drum set that i can assign my own sounds to from a computer.

Thanks
-Barrett

Use Ableton Live or Reason

If you buy a midi interface or you already have one, You can set up your electronic drumset as a midi controller. You can then control any sound you want with it.

This route basically uses the computer as a sound module, so you won't need your current one unless it's also the electronic drum 'brain'.

I'm not sure if brain is an official term but basically you'll just be using the 'midi out' port and plugging it straight into the computer.

Not necessarily

Well, it's also possible to upload samples to your sound module, but that depends on your sound module. Some can have samples added and some can't.

The Roland TD-20's allow you to put your own samples on a memory card (CF I think?) and play off that. I don't think any of the other Roland modules do that, for sure not the TD-10, 8, 7, 6, and 3. Idk about the TD-12.. The midi solution stated above will work with any module. And yes, you'd need your pc/laptop any time you go that route.

Back