Drums Only Software ?

phoneguy44

Hey guys,

I dont visit here often but the questions I've posted did get my answer I wanted, so I'm back again.

I record using the Korg D1200, excellent machine but drum machine is very basic and terrible if you want to get specific with your drums. My question is this: Is there a software out there that deals specifically with precussion, as a drum machine would, say the Alesis Sr-16. I know there are programs such as Wavelab and Sonar, I really cant go that high $$.

I've researched as much as I know how and found a program called "DRUMSITE" which can be found here: www.guitar.sk/drums/drums_main.htm

I dont know anything about the program but I am impressed with the demo's they have on the site as well as the price ($52).

What am I looking for ? Computer interface so that I can cut and paste, adjust and create. I want quality sound, as real as possible and I know you get what you pay for. Something under $175 bucks and all it has to be is a drum machine, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone got any suggestions and if so, is this what you use ?

Thanks, lookin forward to hearing what you have to offer !!!

phoneguy44 said:
Hey guys,

I dont visit here often but the questions I've posted did get my answer I wanted, so I'm back again.

I record using the Korg D1200, excellent machine but drum machine is very basic and terrible if you want to get specific with your drums. My question is this: Is there a software out there that deals specifically with precussion, as a drum machine would, say the Alesis Sr-16. I know there are programs such as Wavelab and Sonar, I really cant go that high $$.

I've researched as much as I know how and found a program called "DRUMSITE" which can be found here: www.guitar.sk/drums/drums_main.htm

I dont know anything about the program but I am impressed with the demo's they have on the site as well as the price ($52).

What am I looking for ? Computer interface so that I can cut and paste, adjust and create. I want quality sound, as real as possible and I know you get what you pay for. Something under $175 bucks and all it has to be is a drum machine, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone got any suggestions and if so, is this what you use ?

Thanks, lookin forward to hearing what you have to offer !!!

All i can think of at the moment, is the
East West Drumkit From Hell 2
"East West Drumkit From Hell 2's audio engine functions as a plug-in instrument,
without the need for a sampler, in hosts such as Cubase VST, Digital Performer,
Logic, Nuendo, Pro-Tools, Sonar etc"

Cakewalk Software Sonar Home Studio $100
East West Drumkit From Hell 2 $90
(Thats over your budget thou, but you can edit/mix all other types of instruments too,
it doesnt limit you to just a drum kit)

Just a thought.
Good luck thou :)

It sounds like you need to be looking for something to Sequence/arrange your drums with. I am guessing that since you already record with the Korg you don't want to invest torwards a multitrack program that can sequence (cubase etc..)
For really cheap you could try Fruity Loops or PcDrummer (i believe there may be a demo version of this one?). I don't program drums very often but I have used both of those in the past.
Drumkit from hell won't do you much good because you will still need something to sequence the drums.

The best software drums are Drumkits from Hell (DFH) Superior and BFD. Both of these are out of your price range and require sequencing software (not 100% sure that BFD does). However, as someone mentioned, you can definately get DFH2. I was thinking that DFH2 could actually be ran as a stand-alone setup, but I may be wrong? Clarification anyone?

aaroncomp said:
The best software drums are Drumkits from Hell (DFH) Superior and BFD. Both of these are out of your price range and require sequencing software (not 100% sure that BFD does). However, as someone mentioned, you can definately get DFH2. I was thinking that DFH2 could actually be ran as a stand-alone setup, but I may be wrong? Clarification anyone?

DKFH2 can be used stand-alone under ASIO, Core Audio or DirectSound.

Below ones can be used as stand alone or plugin:
East West Percussive Adventures 2 LE at $90
M-Audio Drum and Bass Rig $100
M-Audio iDrum $50

BDF is also stand-alone/plugin but thats like $300 i think.

Thanks Guys !!!

I'll definately look into all this and get the Trial versions.

Had a guy tell me today about "BEATCRAFT" by Acoustica.
Looked at it online today and it's very reasonable and got some good demo's to listen too.

I'm still taking suggestions, I'm not in a hurry to purchase anything until I see you guys are done with me.

Preciate the help !

Back